“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Solomon's Lounge offers you delectable Punjarbi/Kashmiri cuisine surrounded in a luxurios authentic setting with second to none customer service. We pride ourselves in using only the finest of ingrediants cooked to perfection ensuring you a memorable dining experience.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Some people is writting wrong reviews but I want everyone to be aware that this is really an ecccellent place to visit lovely atmosphere and authentic Indian food u can get outside India and prices are quite reasonable ..... One kingfisher/ cobra Jus for 4.50 small for 2.95 and coffee to finish will cost you 12.45 coz coffee is 2.50 each which are included in drinks ..... I gt courious and went yesterday on a dam busy night and helpful waiters shown me everything I am really impressed ..... All waiters including sal were really helpful .... I ll love to go atleast once a week from now on... Do check urself guys.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
SolomonsGroup, Owner at Solomon's Lounge, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
All the staff at Solomon's Lounge would like to thank you for your recent review and we hope to see you again soon!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“food average. 1+1/2 bottle of kingfisher £12.45”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We often go out for meals and reviews seemed very good for this restaurant, so we went there on Monday 19/03/2012. Very disappointed, no heating on so quite cold, we had a popadum starter and main meals, chicken shashlik and chicken tikka methi, one rice and two chapatis, one large bottle and one small bottle of Kingfisher, coffee each to finish.
Heating not on I could understand as it was a Monday night and not very busy, popadum starter was fine, however main meals were of average quality and quite pricey also felt stung on overall price. I would definitely NOT go there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Elaine L,

We apologise that you feel you have received a below par experience when dining at Solomon's Lounge. We have many diners who return to us time and time again and are more than happy each time. With regards to the £12.45 drinks charge, I can confirm that any coffee's etc that would have been purchased would have been included in this total as it not only alcoholic drinks. I hope this clears up the issue in question. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at solomonslounge@ymail.com

Solomon's Lounge
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

Absolutly Outstanding. The service is amazing, brilliant food and in a lovely authentic looking setting. Very welcoming atmosphere. Salik the manager is a star. Will be back and recommending to everyone. Definately eat here!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
SolomonsGroup, Owner at Solomon's Lounge, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
All the staff at Solomon's Lounge greatly appreciate your recent review and would like to say thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
“Delicous Indian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Had dinner with a colleague tonight (7/3/12); Friendly service, !delicious food! and nicely decorated place. Huge selection in the menu, so hopefully I'll get a chance to come back soon and try more dishes.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Alll the staff at Solomon's Lounge are very pleased you enjoyed your evening with us! Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best indian meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Well, after living around 5 minutes away from this mysterious looking building ever since it opened (I only found out it was a restaurant from other people and later the aromas as I occasionally walked past), myself and 4 friends finally went for a meal there yesterday.

The staff were friendly from the start but once the food came, we knew we were onto a winner. The vast number of speciality dishes was almost overwhelming, so I took the plunge and went for the recommendations offered (after letting the host know what 'standard' curries I liked). So glad I did, as they were amazing! I would recommend this place to anybody - I'll definatley be going back

• 5 of 5 stars Food
All the staff at Solomon's Lounge thank you for your recent review and are very happy you and your friends enjoyed your evening with us and we hope to see you all again soon!