“Good, Clean, attentive staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park

You added Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park to your Saves list
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Gosforth Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 5HN, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Beamish Museum Break
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Good, Clean, attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott on many occasions. The hotel has lovely leisure facilities and a nice bar area and reasonable lunch menu, the hotel has a very relaxed feel. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The hotel is a few minutes by taxi away from Newcastle Town Centre (approx £10 by taxi).

The hotel has many conference & Banqueting suites at very reasonable rates.

I will be back. x

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

drum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a one night break here 7th April and it was very good.Had a small issue with noise but the 2 lads on reception resolved that immediately.Thank you.The restaurant was closed but they served dinner in the exec lounge.The food I have to say was very good and much better than we had expected.The lady serving us looked after us very well.Breakfast had a good choice although the hot items could have been a little warmer.All of the staff were very friendly which is important.Thanks and we will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I was there several years ago so wondered what would have changed if anything. Upon arrival, at the desk, a young man came up and asked if I'd like a glass of wine? Off to a great start I'd say. It was good wine too! Free Internet in the lobby so I drank my wine and caught up on email. The rooms are pretty standard Marriott rooms. Internet is £15 in the room, which I think is ridiculous these days. What I loved was that they had a selection of pillows with different firmness. I slept like a baby which doesn't often happen in hotels, for me anyway! Breakfast came with my rate and there was hot and cold food and plenty of it. Not too shabby! I continue to like this hotel and it will remain my choice when in the Newcastle area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night DBB after winning a monthly Living Social draw! Janice Davison and the reception staff were very obliging and we were upgraded to an executive room! The rooms were immaculately clean and the bed was spotless and typically standard of what Marriott are best known for...their luxurious beds!
We had our evening meal in the Plate restaurant and were attended to by Swimanee who was very pleasant. We could not fault the service or the food and our compliments go to the chef. My husband said it was the best steak he's had in a long while! Breakfast was of the same excellent standard and my husband had a cheese omlette freshly made in front of him by the chef.!! We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. We would recommend this hotel and will certainly be back! Many thanks to all concerned on a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Easy to find, park, welcoming helpful Reception staff, very comfortable inter-connecting rooms for family. Nice pool and Beauty salon. Breakfast and Dinner fair and a 'good deal' for what we paid - the only slight 'moan' would be slow restaurant service - ?staff lacking direction. - although always pleasant.

We were happy with our choice of Gosforth Marriott for a first-time trip to Newcastle, Alnwick and Beamish.

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms 334/335.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sunderland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Forced to come again due to a work event, the place has not improved. The food was average but the service staff were poor. They seemed very disinterested and gave the impression of really not wanting to be there. The tables being too tightly packed in didn't help.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank EDED084
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I stay here maybe 4-6 times a year for business and I get a very good room rate on a room only basis. Breakfast is not worth the additional costs as I start work before it opens.

The rooms are always very clean and the beds are the most comfortable ones I have stayed in. The bar and foyer are very relaxing and comfortable with very helpfully staff. 60mins of free Wi-Fi is a welcome addition but they could go the whole hog and proved it for free like most of the big hotel chains now do.

My one gripe is that in the 5 years I have been coming to the Marriott Gosforth, the menu hasn't changed that much and I think the quality of the food is not as good as it used to be.

In summary, I will continue to use this hotel as it is clean, comfortable, has friendly staff and is just a 5 min drive to my work.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business