This is our third stay at the Marriot in Gosforth Park and I’m pleased to say that it is just as good as before.
Check in was efficient and friendly (as to be expected in Newcastle) , we were offered help with our bags up to our rooms. For this stay I had booked two suites, Room 101 (nothing like the room in 1984) and 301. The suites were excellent, comprising of a bedroom, living room and bathroom. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that I got free Wi-Fi (Normally £15 a day, eeek!, though there is good 3G coverage, phew), Access to the executive lounge (though it is only open during week days, so can’t really comment on how useful this is, you can get in at the weekend, and it is nice and quiet in there but I don’t think there is any service) one free drink per guest per day and a free Movie. I’m not sure how much of this is standard and how much was a promotion.
The suite itself was clean and very well appointed, both the bedroom area and the living room had separate heating controls. The bathroom had a shower over the bath, there was plenty of hot water, and there was a grab rail making getting in and out of the bath easier.
A nice extra in the suite livingroom is an iPod dock, there is also a food chiller. The easy chair in room 301 could do with new springs, as when you sit down on it you sink.
I had four meals from room service, two breakfasts, both delivered on time, they could have done with being a bit hotter. The other two meals from room service though were delivered quickly and were hot.
There is currently only one of the two lifts in operation, so this does mean you can wait quite a long time for the lift to arrive. But hopefully this should be sorted out by the end of March as they are having a new lift mechanism put in. The staff will help you with your luggage if you don’t want to wait.
Overall an excellent stay and looking forward to returning next year.
- Also Known As:
- Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
- Marriott Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 12 acres of parkland near the vibrant city centre and Newcastle International Airport, the Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park offers the ideal setting for short breaks and business travel. Contemporary by design, this premier Newcastle hotel blends gracious service with thoughtful amenities that all travelers will appreciate. The chic lobby leads to spacious, beautifully renovated guest rooms featuring luxurious new bedding and convenient high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.