We got a great deal booking through the Royal Bank Royalties program (they use super break, but give an additional 10% off).
Arrival - When you arrive at the hotel, you are presented with a large well laid out building set in massive grounds - tip ..follow the road to the right as that takes you to the car park at the front of the hotel unlike us who turned left, we entered the hotel through the conference centre entrance.
Check-in - Very impressive lounge area adjacent to the reception desk, we were checked in by a very friendly and helpful young lady, very efficient and took only a couple of minutes.
Room - On the third floor,of a very good size and cleaned to a high standard. Facilities included an iron press, Iron and Ironing board,hair dryer, soap shower gel and shampoo. The TV was new and came with a wide range of freeview and some premium channels (e.g. sky sports 1 and 3 I think), also included is a range of pay per view for movies..... The bed was very soft and will suit those who like a soft bed, probably not so good for firm bed fans.
Breakfast - Absolutley brilliant (it takes a bit for me too go that far), the staff in the restaurant are so attentive, but without being a pest, within a minute of finishing with a plate, they arrive and it is gone. There is an omelette station for fresh omelette to your specification, great range of sausage bacon etc ... good range of fresh fruit, cold meats smoked salmon etc - a worthy 10 out of 10
Dinner - Looked at menu and swithered, but when you see the bar prices for beer/wines/spirits etc, very quickly decided we would not get value for money (wow bar prices are definitely designed to keep the riff raff out) - so no comment on dinner - did go across the road to the Falcon's Nest and got great service and god quality food - will review separately.
Leisure Facilities - again really excellent, warm friendly welcome, spotless changing room and the lockers operate with a returnable £1 lock(in the male locker avoid no12 its lock and key are bent and very hard to operate ... The pool temperature was perfect not too warm and not too cold, a standard hotel length pool (approx 15-17 m), and a safe 1.2m deep at the deepest point. Jacuzzi large and great temperature - Steam room had loads of space and a good quality of steam (some eucalyptus oil or similar) - great experience - only in the sauna for a couple of minutes, but that was as good as any sauna I have been in.
Overall, I would rate this stay as excellent, and I would definitely return - Bad points -every review has got to have them ... well that is easy.... the crazy lift (only one lift working, so service could be slow) we were on the 3rd floor, so when we called a lift it arrived we selected ground floor, but every time we paid a visit to the fourth floor, and there was never anyone there ... bizarre, and as a token room complaint - the hot/cold mixer tap was a little loose. - that is as picky as I can make it - if you get a deal, take it (but also take your own booze if you partake of more than a pint - watch the mixers swell)
- Also Known As:
- Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
- Marriott Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 12 acres of parkland near the vibrant city centre and Newcastle International Airport, the Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park offers the ideal setting for short breaks and business travel. Contemporary by design, this premier Newcastle hotel blends gracious service with thoughtful amenities that all travelers will appreciate. The chic lobby leads to spacious, beautifully renovated guest rooms featuring luxurious new bedding and convenient high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.