“Lovely weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park

Expedia.com Travelocity
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Gosforth Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 5HN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
N.Lincs
“Lovely weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spent a weekend relaxing and doing a bit of shopping and found this hotel perfect for us.
Staff friendly and very friendly, room exceptionally clean. Only drawback was prices within hotel were a little high even for a hotel. Will use hotel again but will eat else where.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had a meal here recently, and have to say it was enjoyable, food was nice, but the the service was a little too slow (when the restaurant wasn't particularly busy!). Staff were friendly and was reasonable value for money - ideally 3.5 stars!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have experienced this week my worst ever hotel stay. Having been delayed on the A1 and driven for four hours, I arrived just after 11pm, having rung ahead to check that hot food would be available after that time: it was. On checking in, I went to my room to find a loud sound of running water from the radiator. I asked the receoptionist if it could be sorted out, and was assured that it would be checked, as there was no other room available in the hotel that night. I went to the Bar, to find no "delicious international cuisine" in the Plate, nor "casual dining" in Chat's Cafe Bar, no, the food option promised was the 24 hour room service. The bar girl offered me only chicken tikka massala as the hot option, or a ham - or cheese - sandwich. Delightful. The generosity of the bar staff was genuine in offering me a packet of crips free of charge to go with my beer.

On returning to my room, I was locked out, so back down to reception to reactivate my keycard. Back up stairs, only to find the radiator still noisy. Now, I'm not a plumber, but it's pretty obvious to me that the radiator was full of air and needed bleeding. If I had a pair of pliers I would have done it myself. Back down to reception again, by which time, I confess, I lost patience. In my frustration, I tossed my keycard on the desk. It slid onto the floor at the night porter/receptionists' feet, who promptly lost his rag, telling me, before I had even had the chance to say anything, that my behaviour was completely unacceptable. No further help or pliers were offered; I was just told that there was nothing that could be done.

I worked out that by turning the thermostat down to a miniumum setting that the radiator valve would turn off after half an hour or so.

At least the towels were clean after I had a hot shower to warm myself up in the morning after a dreadful night.

I will not be staying at a Marriott ever again.

Despite being advertised as

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

our daughter & her new husband chose this hotel for thier wedding venue, we had a two night stay. most of our families booked in too! the service was excellent! staff were very friendly & could not do enough for everyone. breakfasts were fab, dinner in the plate restaurant was lovely (if a little slow service, but were informed they were short staffed). the wedding itself was perfect. fantastic wedding breakfast & evening buffet. the rooms were perfect, plenty of space, comfortable everyone raved about the soft fluffy beds. very clean, the housekeeping staff were all so lovely to everyone. this in all made everyones stay so pleasurable. well done too to kirsty mcdonald for co-ordinating the wedding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seaham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Attended a wedding and pushed the boat out and stayed in a corner suite. Mattresses were like sleeping on a cloud, room service very quick and fabulous choice. We had a small reception for friends before the evening function and the hotel supplied all drinks and food at a very reasonable price, service was very good and the staff excelled themselves

Room Tip: The suites are divine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was part of a group who stayed here for one night on business and was very impressed with the hotel. On checking in, we were given a complimentery glass of wine and some canapes - a very nice touch! The rooms were a good size and very comfortable, with a selection of tea/coffee making facilities. Good choice of tv channel as well, which I often find is a problem in some hotels.
We stayed on a DBB option and I have to say the food was excellent. We ate from the 3 course set menu and everyone in the party thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The breakfast selection the following morning was varied and really nice - there is a selection of both hot and cold foods. The service in the restaurant was also very good and the staff were friendly and polite.
The only thing I would say is that if you're visiting Newcastle for shopping/nightlife then this hotel maybe isn't for you as it's about 20mins outside of the city centre in a taxi - fine for us as we were based at the nearby business park but could be costly for those travelling in and out of the centre of Newcastle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just stayed at the Marriott Gosforth on the Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal. It is handy for Newcastle and the Metro Centre which was great for Xmas shopping.
The hotel is nicely decorated inside and our room (executive after our free upgrade) was clean and comfortable. On arrival we had 2 single beds instead of the double we had requested but this was quickly and politely dealt with while we enjoyed 4 free drinks in the bar.
The Plate restaurant is very good for dinner and breakfast and the value was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park? Share your experiences!