“Excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

4 of us stayed for a night in the Holiday Inn Jesmond while visiting friends. The location is ideal - the hotel is a very short walk from Jesmond Metro (1 stop from city centre and 3 from Central) and within walking distance of both the Osborne Road bars and the 2 Archbold Terrace clubs, but far enough away that there is no night time noise.

The room we stayed in was a Standard Room, but was spacious with a king bed. It was clean and well equipped with the only complaint being that the bathroom floor was very cold! We heard a bit of noise from the corridor during the night as other guests arrived home, but no more than other Holiday Inns I have stayed in before.

The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We had an issue on arrival with the car park being full, and they dealt with this in a courteous and polite manner.

We would definitely use this hotel again when visiting Newcastle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, I am pleased that you would revisit us again when your next in the area.

It is lovely to read that our staff were friendly and helpful!

We look forward to you staying with us again.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now when down in Newcastle on business and I have to say each experience has been excellent. The rooms have been comfortable, clean; the breakfasts have been good (except marmalade seems to be in short supply in th is part of Newcastle) and the staff have been consistently excellent. The hotel is a convenient distance from the organisation I visit in Newcastle and is not too far from the city centre and I regularly walk it in 15 minutes or so. Overall, I think the Holiday Inn Jesmond Road is pretty damned good and I'd recommend it for anyone visiting Newcastle.

Room Tip: 113. The view isn't fantastic but very quiet with no 'through traffic' in the corridor o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for a fantastic review.

I am delighted that you feel that the hotel is 'pretty damned good!' I will be sharing all your comments with the team.

Please email me direct on foh@hinewcastle.co.uk when your on your next visit and I will make sure we have some marmalade waiting for you at breakfast.

Thank you again for such a great review, we hope to see you again very soon.

Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Staff were welcoming and friendly, service very good, rooms clean and comfortable with good heating adjustable system, a great shower. Only problem was the mirror - A narrow horizontal job that I could only see my head in if I rested it on the dressing table top. Bizarre. My photo illustrates...I hate drying my hair without a mirror and can't believe Holiday Inn got this so wrong.

Restaurant was friendly, food ok - Italian - 6 out of 10. Couldn't do Carbonara - they had nor cream. Selected light meal - pizza with salad was fine but the pizza was way too big. A great selection at breakfast - only exception being tea - which was self service - water well off the boil in flasks. Changed to coffee. It was fine. I'll be back, but I'll beware of the 'light meals' and make sure I take a mirror.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the mirror in the bedroom, we are in the process of investigating this further.

Secondly I have passed your comments made to the chef regarding your experience in the restaurant, we hope this hasn't deterred you from trying out the restaurant again on your next visit?

Thank you for commenting yon our staff and service, I will share this with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future,

Wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Ideally situated for visiting Longbenton, as the Metro stops just round the corner. A modern hotel, with an excellent Italian restaurant, small gym, friendly staff and good breakfast.

My room was a good size, had everything needed including complimentary wifi (up to 500mb in 24 hours). Quite a limited choice of free TV channels, but otherwise couldn't fault the room. Complimentary newspaper, bottled waters, orange juice and chocolate bars in the fridge in the room were a bonus.

Recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Many many thanks for such an amazing review!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay would recommend us!

I have passed on all your great comments to the team.

Many thanks again

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very smartly presented and Proffesional. Bar and waiting staff seem to be pros not earning min wage in their spare time... Room is spacious and modern. No much of a view but never came to a city centre for that. Complimentey mini bar... Great hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
What a fantastic review!!

Thank you so much for your kind comments especially regarding our team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future!

Regards

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here for a week before Christmas. My room was small, freezing and musty. The first morning there was no water - there was a burst pipe. These things happen I guess so I was given another room on the other side of the hotel - it was nice and spacious, bright and the shower was really good. I stayed again this week and was told that side of the hotel was closed. The room I got was OK, not great. I checked the water and it was luke warm at best so I contacted the desk and was told the maintenance man had fixed it that day and it would be fine in the morning. Well, the next morning I couldn't get in the shower, it was too hot and no water from the cold tap at all. I complained again and got moved to a room opposite - the shower was very poor but I could at least get into it. The window was broken so wouldn't close properly and the bathroom was freezing. I will never go back - if you decide to chance it, insist on the left side of the hotel (as you look at it) or preper for a miserable stay. Generally most of the staff were fine and friendly, a couple weren't, but I got the distinct impression they were all very inexperienced. Breakfast was hit and miss - cold more often than not.

Room Tip: Insist on the left side of the hotel as you look at it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Peter B,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your stay with us. I am glad our location suited your needs. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shower issues. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel is great for a visit to Newcastle. Located in a quiet area outside the city centre but still very handy as it is very near an underground station or approx. 20 min walk into the centre. Taxi back at night only cost £4.OO. Lovely comfortable, clean hotel and helpful staff. Hadn't stayed in a Holiday Inn before but definately would again if they are all as good as this one!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Many many thanks for such an amazing review!

I am thrilled you would stay with our brand again in the future!

We are very proud of the team who always work so hard to ensure our guests have a great stay.

Many thanks again

Front of House Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond? Share your experiences!