Arrived 31st December for a New Years party, after checking in, room found to be in a tired state albeit bed very comfortable, shower excellent and room well equipped. On first trip to the bar it became apparent that although pumps for Guinness, none was available Mmmm. Evening started off well with pre dinner drinks in Redwood Bar followed by dinner where the food was enjoyed by all in our party of 6. Well organised Roulette and Blackjack tables and Show dancers whom performed ONE dance! Then we were ushered to another room where an 11 piece Swing Band were performing and were very good, but not enough room for the amount of people and Duty Manager spent the next hour or two trying to get more tables and chairs into the room(s), when approached about the subject she replied that 'They expected more people to out' I am sorry but at £138 pp for the overnight stay, breakfast and party I expected to be regally entertained within the confines of the establishment. Then at just after midnight both of the Real Ales ran out, is that acceptable, I personally think not. The stay was finished off with a fine breakfast, but all in all we do go away most New Years to different venues for overnight stays and party's and this would not be one that I would rush back too.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.