My wife and I stayed at the Vermont on May 9th as we were going to watch the darts at Newcastle Arena. We eventually got parked after someone moved their car then entered the hotel to check in expecting our luggage to be brought in or to be shown to our room. However, we were just handed the room key and told "your room is on the tenth floor". After carrying our own bags up to the room we found that the room was a decent size and clean but we were disappointed as the decor and fittings are very aged. The tv looked like it was bought when the hotel was built! The following morning the welcome pack said that breakfast was served on the 6th floor. However, when we got there and walked around aimlessly, a hotel guest told us that the breakfast room was being refurbished and we now had to go to the 3rd floor. The breakfast was awful! Everything was low quality cheap ingredients, cold and there was no structure to the self service. By the time we had sat and ate a few pieces of fatty bacon and were about to leave, we were eventually asked if we would like tea or coffee. We quickly left, picked up our luggage and went to check out. However, we had to wait until the person in front of us had made an official complaint about breakfast to the receptionist. The hotel is in a great location but unfortunately that's where the positives end.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.