Dissapointing for the money. We stayed for 1 night on the 27th Dec in a Junior Suite. Our friends stayed in an ordinary room and we got charged 60 pounds more for the juniro suite which was 2 feet larger than there room. See good and bad points below...
- The Breakfast room food was awful, I think in my travelling both for work and pleasure this is the most appaling breakfast I have ever been served at a 4 star hotel
- Porter did not help us with our bags even though he could see we were laydened down with these.
- Disco next door bar went on till 2am and you could hear it in the room
- The hotel was cutting corners everywhere room was cold when we arrived and we had to turn on heaters to warm up. should have been done before hand they new we were coming
- There was a lack of staff in the bar on the night we arrived
- There appeared to be many staff but little coordination and management again in the breakfast room.
- Rooms are old and in need of update
- It's central to newcastle
- View was great of bridge
- The bar is lovely and fireplace great for winter days
Overall dissapointing for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne