“Novotel Newcastle Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Newcastle Airport

You added Novotel Newcastle Airport to your Saves list
Novotel Newcastle Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ponteland Road | Kenton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3HZ, England   |
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Novotel Newcastle Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed one night, a Saturday. Hotel is very nice with excellent staff. Good room, exceptional value for money. Would happily recommend stay here. Only negative was noise in corridor in early hours from young people returning from Newcastle, didn't seem to be any regatd for other guests and was a pain for at least an hour. C'est la -------- was young once myself!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
sha909, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
"Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, [Sheena Hodgson General Manager ]
"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

At the end of January I had occasion to stay at the Novotel Newcastle Airport. I booked three rooms, for five people, a week before our intended visit for a family funeral nearby. Due to work commitments we arrived at approximately eleven o'clock. The staff member on duty was polite and helpful, checked us in quickly and let us know that the bar was about to close in case we should require a nightcap. We took our bags up to the rooms, all on the second floor and all identical, and returned to the bar for a drink.
The Rooms
The rooms were clean and tidy with the basic facilities you would expect of an Airport hotel, Coffee/Tea, Iron /Ironing board, hair-drier and bathroom supplies. The toilet is separate from the basin and shower and although a basin in the same room as the toilet would be nice it is not a issue worth worrying over. The temperature can be controlled adequately and the double glazed windows provide ample soundproofing from the motorway.
The Hall
The hallway is standard with the addition of a shoe buffer that came in handy due to the nature of our visit. The lifts were slow to respond and on one occasion stopped before we got in though the staircase is well lit and leads straight into the lobby should you be of an able bodied, fit persuasion.
Breakfast
The breakfast is expensive if booked on the day but is approximately half the price if booked with the room. The Toby Inn, within walking distance, provides an all you can eat buffet breakfast for ~£5 including tea or coffee although the small layout becomes overwhelmed with demand. The Novotel breakfast, if bought with the room, is good value for money and a better option if in a hurry or during popular periods.
Extended Stay
We had booked all three rooms for two nights but required one of the rooms for the following evening. On asking the member of staff at the reception desk were told this would not be a problem and that even though we were on a low rate late booking the extended stay would be billed at that rate.
The Bar
The drinks in the bar are priced as expected for an airport hotel, slightly more expensive and with less choice than the Toby Inn nearby. The staff are great and even late in the evening are helpful and courteous.
The Gym,
Included in the price of the room access to the gym is available at reception. It consists of an adequate number of standard machines maintained well and very clean.
Summary
This Novotel is located well for the airport and a good place to stay for business or a short trip.
The rooms are clean and well maintained with all the expected facilities.
The breakfast is good and value for money as long as it is not paid for on the day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
"Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, [Sheena Hodgson General Manager "
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

very clean and comfortable room - slept extremely well. The staff were friendly and approachable and nothing was too much trouble . Room service kept to the time given and the food was excellent ( I even rang the kitchen to give my feedback ) I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Well done to all staff at the hotel .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
"Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, [Sheena Hodgson General Manager ]
"
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Novotel near Newcastle Airport in an upgraded family room. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. We had a lovely dinner and lunch the next day at the hotel restaurant. One of the best dinners we have had at a hotel and very reasonably priced as well. They paid special attention to my little one and were very family friendly. A cute little swimming pool, king sized beds, huge sofa bed and flat screen tv. For my first taste of Novotel I have to say I am very very impressed. So much so I have already booked with another Novotel in Europe and thinking about the one in Leeds now as well. Value for money is incredible. I hope the rest of the Novotels live up to the Newcastle hotel. I can't believe the hotel is only given a 3 Star rating. In my opinion it is definitely a 4 Star.

Room Tip: If you are a member of the Accor scheme you can usually get upgraded to a superior room no problem...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sha909, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Many thanks for posting the review on this site. I am deligted that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the experience. As you are now looking at other properties within the Novotel chain, I can guarentee that your best price will always be available on our own websites always at Novotel.com. Many thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back. Sheena Hodgson General Manager.
Louth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel every few weeks - the staff are always warm and welcoming, to the extent I receive personal recognition whenever I stay. Should I wish it, there is a small pool, sauna and fitness equipment, which is good for a supposed 3-start property. Although it is away from the city centre, it suits me well for getting around the area when I'm working. The rooms are spacious, and well-equipped, with excellent showers.
To be recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
sha909, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for your recent esponse and the really positive comments in your review. Look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Regards Sheena Hodgson (General Manager)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I thought it's time to give the Novotel a big thank you!

In Feb 2012 my self and my partner decided to get married. After looking at a few venues we called into the Novotel by chance after weekly shop at the near by Tesco.
First look round and we booked there and then. The hotel has a nice modern feel to it and the staff were all friendly.
During the next 10 month we organised the whole thing with lots of help from Emma (left to pastures new) and then with Rachel. Nothing was a problem and any thing we asked about was answered quickly with no hassle.

The big day arrived mid December and everything went like clockwork!

The layout of the function room was fantastic and all our guests commented on the great food during both the day and night time. The bar staff (Amy &co) were brill and had great 'craik' with everyone.

The bed rooms were nice, clean and comfortable and can't be faulted. Our 2 kids sadly were not very well on the day beacuse of a winter bug. I asked Rachel if an extra bed could be put in our bed room so they could be looked after and it was sorted straight away!

All in all for a wedding function we were so glad we chose the Novotel. Great relaxed modern hotel with staff that were fantastic. All our guests have commented on how nice the day was. Oh and the price?!?! It cost less than half of the quotes we had from some other venues!!!!

Special thanks to Rachel & Stewart. Going the extra mile to help the day go so well was good of you both.

A geat day with great friends in a fantastic place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sha909, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Many thanks for placing your review. I am delighted that you had a great experience and look forward to welcoming you back for any future events and celebrations. Regards Sheena Hodgson General Manager

Been to Novotel Newcastle Airport? Share your experiences!