I stayed for one night for a footie/shopping trip, three adults sharing a room with a double bed and a double sofa bed. The room was a good size and very clean, the en suite bathroom was incredibly small but again very clean and with an excellent shower. I'm told the double bed was comfy; the double sofa bed was not! It was hard and lumpy but for one night it was fine, wouldn't have wanted to be on it for any longer though!
In terms of service, check in/out smooth with friendly staff. Only criticism is we weren't told where breakfast would be or how to operate the fiddly key cards for getting into the room.
Breakfast was reasonable, not much of a selection but fresh and tasty.
The location is excellent for the Metrocentre, although if you don't have a car you're walking along/across a busy dual carriageway between the two. Once at the hotel there are two restaurants within a couple of hundred yards, Frankie and Benny's and TGI Fridays.
There was quite a bit of noise late at night from rowdier guests returning but that's to be expected and reception is staffed 24/7 so any complaints should be quickly dealt with. My biggest criticism would be the smoking area being right at the front door, when we went to check in at 7 45pm there was a large group of intoxicated guys congregated there and it was quite intimidating having to pass through them as they were being quite mouthy, so perhaps it would be better if the smoking area was elsewhere.
Overall a perfectly pleasant enough hotel for a short break and good value too.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Newcastle
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Newcastle Metrocentre is a modern designed hotel located ideally just off the A1. Guest rooms accommodate up to two adults and two children and include free continental breakfast and free parking. Guest rooms are en-suite and include power shower, high speed wifi internet, hair dryer and telephone. Express by Holiday Inn Newcastle Metrocentre is situated in Newcastle Upon Tyne and is only a short distance from Gateshead, Sunderland and Durham making us an excellent choice for a stay in the area or a stop off when on your travels. For the corporate traveller the Express by Holiday Inn Newcastle Metrocentre is situated only a short distance from Newcastle Business Park, Newburn Riverside Park, The Watermark and Team Valley Trading Estate. Major companies situated near to the hotel are Bae Systems and ITV Television. For the leisure traveller the hotel is situated a short walk from the Metrocentre shopping complex, one of Europe's largest shopping centres, Newcastle city centre is only 3.5 miles away from the hotel and the Newcastle Nightlife is a must see for any party goers. The city's many attractions also include Newcastle United Football Club, Metro Radio Arena and of course the famous Tyne Bridge and the Gateshead Millenuim Bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.