I stayed here on business but also to do some xmas shopping at the Metro centre, which is 10 minute walk away. They was plenty of parking at the hotel.
The room was clean, functional and had all the basics you would expect. It was a bit cold at first but the heating soon warmed the room up. They do not provide restaurant service, so bear that in mind but there is a TGI Fridays, Frankie and Bennies and a KFC literally one minutes walk from the hotel.
Now a number of reviews have moaned that there was not a full English offered for breakfast, fair point, but next time check what you will get before you book! The breakfast consisted of a full continental breakfast (croissants, cereral, yogurt, fruit), with sausages, beans and scrambled eggs as hot options. Unless you are a diehard full English breakfast fan this is more than adequate for a one night stay. There is small hotel bar that serves drinks and snacks 24/7, a bit pricey but nevertheless a convience worth having.
I think the term 'express' gives you a clue as to what to expect if you stay here. Its great for a one night stay, it has everything you need for such and is a good place to stay if you want to shop at the Metro Centre. Would I stay here for stay for 3-5-7 days? Probably not as it would need more facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is a modern designed hotel ideally located just off the A1. Guest rooms accommodate two adults with up to two children and include Express Start Breakfast, free wifi and free parking. Guest rooms are en-suite with power shower, 32-inch flatscreen TV, free wifi, hair dryer and telephone. The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated in Newcastle Upon Tyne and is only a short distance from Gateshead, Sunderland and Durham. The hotel is an excellent choice for an overnight stay when visiting the area or as a stop off when on your travels. For the corporate traveller the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated only a short distance from Newcastle Business Park, Newburn Riverside Park, The Watermark and Team Valley Trading Estate. Major companies situated near to the hotel are BAE Systems and ITV Television. For the leisure traveller the hotel is situated a short walk from the Metrocentre, the largest shopping mall in Europe. Newcastle City Centre is only 3.5 Miles away and the infamous Newcastle nightlife is a must for any party goer. The city's many attractions also include Newcastle United Football Club, Metro Radio Arena and of course the famous Tyne Bridge and the Gateshead Millenium Bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne