“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fujiyama Restaurant

Fujiyama Restaurant
35-39 Bath Lane | Chinatown (Stowell Street), Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5SP, England
0191 233 0189
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My 1st ever time here and it won't be the last! Food was beautiful we had the royale and the entertainment was out of this world can't wait to return!

76% Recommend
durham
“GREAT ENTERTAINMENT AND FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was there last night had a great time, would recommend even if you don't like the thought of Japanese food.
Very dubious as I'm a very picky eater, just ask my friends, but thoroughly enjoyed it

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic birthday celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My partner and I decided to treat my mam to a celebratory dinner and we wanted to take her somewhere unique and rememberable. I knew she had never been before and I knew that, from visiting in the past, Fujiyama offers great food and a fantastic experience.
They certainly lived up to my expectations!!
When the chef found out about my mam's birthday he certainly did not hold back in making the entire meal a celebration. We had singing, flames, games, jokes, conversation and of course great food!
Even when the food had been prepared and eaten the waiting staff were extremely friendly and brought the cake I had provided with candles lit (the lights had been lowered to add to the atmosphere) and yet more singing!!
Overall my mam had an evening which left her speechless many times and for all the right reasons.
Advice I would give however is that due to the nature of teppan yaki, make sure your phone is not sitting on the table, things can easily get spilt, as what happened with us. Fortunately the phone turned out ok but the staff were very friendly and supportive in case there had been an issue.

Thank you Fujiyama!!! A night we will all remember for a long time!!!

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My partner and myself visited for Saturday lunch.
We had set menu B .
For this you get salad, soup,a choice of starter,king prawn, salmon or calamari.
Then beef with mushrooms and then chicken teriyaki.
It's all cooked on a hot plate in front of you by a very friendly chef.
We've been here quite a few times now and always love the experience.
Someone at our table was having scallops,lobster,mussels, this looked so good, that's what I'm having next time.

• Visited June 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good food with entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Group of four decided to try Japanese food for the first time. We were all apprehensive as we didn't know what to expect. We were not disappointed. Following starters of Sushi and Prawns which were very nice, we had a mixture of Beef and Chicken with rice. This is when the entertainment starts as you watch your food being cooked in front of you and the chef starts juggling eggs and then getting each of us up to try and catch one in a chefs hat. Food was excellent although be prepared for a sizeable bill, cheap it is not. All in all a great night out, will definitely be going back.

Visited May 2013