“The best Indian restaurant ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“The best Indian restaurant ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The most amazing restaurant in the whole of newcastle by far the best I have ever had , 5 star rating for the food the atmosphere and the quick service , staff where really delightful and a pleasure to talk to , there is also a huge variety of delicious mouth watering dishes to choose from! Nothing more you can ask for, more than worth it for the price! Will be back! There's naan restaurant that's better than Luigi khans

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fresh ingredients and fashionable decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went in a large group, the environment is extremely clean, new with a fancy decor style between a Moroccan house and a far west saloon. There is a huge choice of food, the ingredients are really fresh, right portioned and I really liked even dishes I don't normally eat. I particularly recommend all the veggie curries especially palak paneer and dhaal with a sweet peswari naan they are just amazing. Looking forward to visit again!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Too far out of town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Well the rating says it all. Just distinctly average. Offers nothing any other restaurant doesn't and is quite far out of town. The food and service gave us nothing to complain about but I'm not sure you need to make the effort out of town for something that is widely available in most Indian restaurants anywhere in newcastle.

Cawdor
“Good food, service was terribly slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ate here on the 25th Feb 2014 after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Visiting on my own, I was seated in the conservatory type area as you enter the restaurant. Staff were friendly, and I received the menu quickly, followed by the pickle tray & poppadoms and my drink quickly enough. Having ordered my main course, I had to wait an inordinately long time for it to arrive. I was the only person seated in this part of the restaurant and I think they actually forgot about me whilst dealing with the busier part of the restaurant. When the food did arrive, it couldn't be faulted, hot, fresh, tasty, plenty flavour and a cracking sized portion. When I asked for the bill there ensued another long wait (I actually had to go up to the bar and ask again for it). This didn't really detract from what was a good meal, and perhaps if I hadn't been on my own and perhaps wanted to linger longer, the waiting wouldn't have been a problem. Would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Freshtastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Only are 2nd or 3rd visit. I forgot how good this place is,and it's just on our doorstep too, would recommend this place to anyone

• Visited January 2014