“Beware of using vouchers” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Durham, United Kingdom
“Beware of using vouchers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I used to love this restaurant but that was years ago. A Living Social voucher deal tempted me back but the place is shabby and looks like it's not been redecorated since the 80s. Meanwhile the prices were extremely high for not fantastic quality food. We ordered basic starters, basic pizza and basic pasta with soft drinks and the bill for 2 came to £32, meaning we still had to pay a considerable amount on top of the price of the voucher. This was during happy hour when we could have bought the same meal for £4.95 per head without the voucher (much nearer to the value of what we'd eaten).

Very sad to say that I'll not return - there's far too much good competition only a few hundred yards away from this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Nice evening meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was really nice. We had bruschetta and potato skins for starters and pizzas for main. Our food was presented well, and I truly enjoyed it.
The decor is bit outdated and you can smell damp when you first come in which I would expect the owner to do something about. It was really quite so we actually had chance to talk and enjoy our food. I would definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant ever (by a very long way)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Terrible service, wrong meals, cold food, food with hair in it, bad tasting food, expensive (even with groupon). Don't think it could have been any worse if they tried

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“One of my favourite restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Me and my friend visited this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. I have been before and every time I have been more than happy with the Godfather. The food is gorgeous and the staff are polite and friendly. The gentleman who owns the restaurant is a very nice person. I don't know why people write bad reviews about this place because I've been a couple of times and have always been very satisfied. This is a lovely old restaurant in the heart of Newcastle and I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Never ever in a million years will I go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

What an awful experience I have had tonight met with a group of girls befor going to the theatre and was looking forward to a lovely meal, well what I received was a cardboard like garlic bread witch was bland and cold a risotto that was slopped into a dish and again bland and flavourless and some chips that looked like they had committed suicide under some form of hot plate..... And I wish it had just stopped there but that fact that they were charging something like £3 for a pint of Pepsi which was flat from a bottle you can pick up from morrisons for a pound I found quite cheeky. If you haven't guessed from my post so far I very much doubt that I will be returning here any time soon....... Ow and the staff should learn to smile..... If only the once

• Visited September 2013