It's very difficult to find anything to fault about this hotel. We stayed here using up some IHG Priority Club points and so our stay was virtually free, so I guess I don't have a good feel for the value for money, but putting that aside......
The location is great - very central, and we had a top floor room overlooking the river so had a panoramic view of the Baltic, Sage and Newcastle bridges.
Staff were friendly, parking was easy, and the room was comfortable and stylish. We didn't use the kitchen area very much, but it seemed well equipped and everything was spotless.
Breakfast the next day was an above average help-yourself buffet, with plenty of choice.
The only down side to our visit was being woken at 3:30am by guests in neighbouring rooms returning from wherever they'd been partying that night and proceeding to run up and down the corridor outside our room, banging doors and shouting/laughing etc. This went on for about half an hour, and led to me being awake for over an hour. However this is really outside the control of the hotel so I don't count it against the hotel itself.
Would definitely return here in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne