This was my first visit to the Staybridge Suites at Newcastle upon Tyne. The location is not too bad with excellent on site parking (£8 per day but cost reduces the longer you stay). The River Tyne is a short walk away and you can walk into Newcastle City Centre within 10 minutes.
The staff are welcoming and attentive and the room I was given on the third floor was a one bedroom suite. This was well appointed with good furnishings. Essentially it was a one bedroom flat complete with fitted kitchen (including dishwasher).
Wifi is available throughout the hotel and this is complimentary as is the daily breakfast. As I'd been travelling on business prior to arriving in Newcastle I took advantage of the excellent laundry facilities on the ground floor - lots of washing machines and tumble dryers. There is a well equipped gym on the ground floor as well as a small shop.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying away on business as it really is like a home from home. For those looking for a base in the city it would be excellent for a city break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne