This hotel was booked solely on the positive and high reviews it has received on Trip Advisor, what a mistake!
1) Claims to have onsite parking, it does not! Their idea of onsite parking is the back lane behind the hotel. The street the Hotel is locatecd on is Permit parking only.
2) On entry through the main door you are hit with cooking smells, we were greeted with that mornings fryup smells, even though we checked in late afternoon.
3) On the surface the room looked nicely decorated, but look closer and you will see this hotel is heavily lived in. That is, tired and stained carpets, tatty and threadbare fabric headboard. Cheap worn Ikea chairs. Old (but clean) towels. Very dusty rooms.
4) I don't know if this is because it is in Newcastle, but everything seemed 'bolted' down... right down to the shampoo bottles in the shower... YES, shampoo/bodywash bottles 'locked' to wall. I have stayed in about 20 hotels before, some even two star and not seen this before.
5) Very thin walls! I had an awful night sleep because we could hear other guests walking about their room above us, going to the loo and the couple in the room next door 'getting romantic' or watching TV. This could because this hotel is simply a converted house!
6) £105 for one nights stay, yet no refund because we had such an awful nights sleep on an old bed with (what felt like at 3am) the worlds loudest and squeakiest floorboards and doors.
7) When you try and complain, the 'manager' is always unavailable or out, and you have some
16 year old kid trying running the place.
1) Location to Gosforth High Street is 2 mins walk.
2) Nice breakfast, even if the portions are small ( I think I had a maximum of 20 baked beans on my plate)
Overall, I would NEVER stay at this hotel again! I would NEVER recommend this Hotel to anyone! I have stayed in a TWO star hotel which is of the same standard as this. How they get away with claiming to be four star I do not know!!! I'd happily pay £40 per night, as that is all it is worth!
As a hotel, IT IS A DUMP!
Should NOT be 4 star, but classed as on overpriced, tired B&B
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Townhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.