“Brilliant experience overall” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: As if the Gateshead Millennium Bridge and the Baltic Art Gallery weren't enough reason to visit Newcastle's Quayside, there is also Gusto. Make the most of those sunshine days on the beautiful terrace, and when the evening (or the clouds) draw in, step inside the large, lively bar - with a superb choice of wines and cocktails. Add a 200-year-old olive tree, sprinkled in fairy lights, and Gusto Newcastle makes any day magical.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Brilliant experience overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The food was great quality. i was very impressed with the choice on the menu as my girlfriend is a vegetarian. She was happy so i was happy.. ;) The ambiance was perfect for a date, we were located upstairs on the balcony so it was perfect. Staff were very helpful. it was £70ish for 2 3 course meals and 2 drinks each so was great for the quality..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GUSTOnewcastle14, Business Development Manager. at Gusto - Newcastle, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your review, we know how important it is to keep the ladies happy haha! We endeavour to ensure that all dietary requirements are met with continual quality in price and product. If you’re paying us a visit again, please let us know on booking and one of our management team will introduce themselves to you.

• Greek first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went for my daughters 21st birthday and had four people in our party. When I booked they informed me they would keep the table for 15 minutes after our booked time and then would give the table away. I also received an email which informed me that the table was also re booked from 7pm. We arrived and there was hardly anyone there. The staff are helpful and will recommend things off the menu for you. My daughter wanted a different cheese on her pizza and that was fine. The pate was lovely and came with small thin slices of toast,also caramelized onion and cranberry which was a bit tasteless. The pizza was on there own freshly made dough. I had the funghi pizza and asked for roast chicken to be added to mine. I wish I hadn't added the chicken as it was very dry. It was good value for money. We had a starter and main course each. We also had a bottle of wine, bottle of water, large glass of rose and 3 soft drinks. The bill was just under £100. Would I go back probably not. The food and service was fine but nothing special.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review, if you would like to discuss anything further please don’t hesitate to contact the venue on 0191 260 2291 or via email ‘newcastle@gustorestaurants.uk.com’

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal with Fantastic Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend decided to celebrate our 2nd anniversary here on Sunday last and we had one of the best meals we have ever had together!
We were greeted with a great smile from a lovely young man (Callum) at the door and he promptly showed us to our table, a booth overlooking the Tyne.

Our waitress, Leila, came over and introduced herself, had a little friendly chat, made us feel right at home and asked us were we celebrating anything. We told her it was our 2nd Anniversary and she arrived back to our table with such a nice gesture of a glass of champagne for each of us! It was the nicest touch to the evening!
Myself and my boyfriend couldn't have asked for better service from Leila!
She was absolutely fantastic in recommending cocktails and made sure we didn't run out of anything to drink during the entire night.
Leila explained to us that we were dining from the new menu but she was well prepared with her knowledge of the menu and some very good recommendations were made.

I went for the risotto cake for starters and he went for calamari. Both beautiful dishes. For our mains, I went for the Lemon Sole. Which was DELICIOUS! It was honestly the best tasting dish I have ever had. My boyfriend went for his usual Rib Eye Steak and it was cooked to perfection.
When Leila cleared our dishes, we asked for a while before we ordered our deserts. She was more than happy to let us just sit there and relax and we felt in no way rushed. Even on a Sunday evening.
We were recommended the cheesecake so the both of us choose that and it again, was delicious.

Myself and my boyfriend couldn't have been happier with the entire evening. The food and service were just perfect!

Thanks so much to everyone who made our night so very special!
We will most definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review! I will pass your compliments on to Leila and Callum as soon as possible! It’s always nice to hear when someone’s really enjoyed an occasion with us, it makes it all the more rewarding.
Are you guys part of our Dining Club? This is a membership in which you are informed of all of our events and receive discounts throughout the year! If you would like more information you can give us a call on 0191 260 2291 or drop us an email at ‘newcastle@gustorestaurants.uk.com’.

York, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Visited with my Son who is at University - we arrived mid afternoon but were able to order lunch -the restaurant was empty because of the time (great for us!) we were made very welcome when ,I am sure the staff must have been ready for their break.
I ordered pasta primavera and the vegetables were cooked to perfection - my son had the large fillet steak ( well he is a student!!) and it was cooked to his exacting standards! Sticking to his rigid uni diet he asked for al dente veg instead of potatoes or fries and they too were cooked perfectly to his taste.
Our server was lovely which of course makes a big difference to any dining experience.
We will definitely visit again.
The restaurant is impeccably maintained and a great location -a great find!! very cheap parking in car park two minutes away. What's not to love?

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind words, it’s good to know that students are coming to us for a parent ‘treat meal’ (We did exactly that when we were at Uni haha!).
Are you guys part of our Dining Club? This is a membership in which you are informed of all of our events and receive discounts throughout the year (perfect if your son is still studying)! If you would like more information you can give us a call on 0191 260 2291 or drop us an email at ‘newcastle@gustorestaurants.uk.com’.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Visited Gusto this week with my son who's at university in Newcastle - what a great meal! Staff were excellent but the highlight was my sons fillet steak which in his own words was 'the best steak he'd eaten in his life' - praise indeed. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GUSTOnewcastle14, Business Development Manager. at Gusto - Newcastle, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent visit to GUSTO Newcastle. Many thanks for your positive comments and so glad to hear that you and your party had an enjoyable visit. Please advise us when next booking on your preferred seating arrangements as we will always endeavour to meet any requests where possible. Kind Regards Jessica Hewison. Business Development Manager.