“sublime in all aspects” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“sublime in all aspects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

lunch yesterday, the food was superb, the ambience was excellent, the waiters were excellent, the wine was excellent, the price was very reasonable
beats all others in Newcastle including marco's at the indigo
definitely going again, and again, and again.........

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Value Lunch Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Visited here in early October 2012 with a group of colleagues to celebrate a birthday. We all took advantage of the 2 courses for £10 lunch which had 4 varying options for each course. I had rare beef asian salad followed by seabream with chorizo/tomato ragout both of which were cooked perfectly, full of flavour and seasoned well. The only thing that let the restaurant down was the service which was a little slow although the establishment was pretty much full, despite that I'd still recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Newcastle.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durham, England, United Kingdom
“A great Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My first visit to this restaurant on Newcastle Quayside, and I will be going back for Sunday lunch. There is quite an extensive menu but we opted for the Sunday lunch menu, 3 courses for £15, which I thought was good value. Very nice , tender and matured roast beef with trimmings. The portions weren't huge , hence 3 courses. A starter of black pudding scotch egg, and a frangipanie tart to finish. There were 6 of us in the party and clean plates all around. A lovely French house red to accompany the meal which was also reasonably priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went here when they had a 2 courses for £10 offer. The selection was quite good, but none of the starters really took my fancy. Had the steak for main, and it was cooked beautifully. Dessert options all looked amazing. The cherry chocolate torte and fruit crumble were what we sampled, and they were divine. The custard was a star note. Will be back.

Visited September 2012
Newcastle
“Have been let down one too many times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been to Pan Haggerty about half a dozen times and would say that I have been disappointed on three occassions. Previously I have struggled to cut my roast beef as it was so tough when going there for Sunday dinner, however I have enjoyed some nice starters and puddings. Most recently, last weekend, I thought I'd play it safe by having the burger with red onion chutney and bacon. What a disappointment this was. The burger was so overcooked the bottom of it was completely black and I couldn't even cut through this part of it. I was too polite to say anything when the staff asked if the meal was ok as I thought the leftover food on my plate spoke for itself. My husband had taken me here as a treat but we both decided it's not worth going back again as you stand a 50% chance of being disappointed.

• Visited September 2012