I always like to stay in apartments when I'm away from home because I like to have more space, and this place didn't disappoint. We stayed here for one night after staying with family before heading home. Check-in was easy, and they were kind enough to give us a later check-out because we weren't leaving for London till mid-afternoon, so this was a bonus. We had a two bedroom apartment on the first floor for the four of us, and we were very impressed by the size of the apartment and the decor.
There were only a few negative things - one of the arms on the sofa was broken so that couldn't be used as an arm rest and a bit of the skirting board was loose by the kitchen. We didn't use the wi-fi, but it would have been better if this was free. We watched Sky as we enjoyed our evening in, but as a side point it would have been good to watch a box office film on Sky and pay the cost on check-out. But everything else outweighed that. Reception was happy to book us a taxi to a restaurant for dinner, but when we decided on a takeaway they cancelled the taxi and gave us menus for local places to look through. There was tea/coffee/hot chocolate, with bottled water, orange juice and milk in the fridge to use. In the freezer there were pastries, and with jams on the side we had enough for breakfast; these are lovely touches to have and sufficient if you don't get a chance to grab something else for breakfast.
We didn't drive, but there seemed be to good parking. The Metro station was just round the corner which was very convenient when we were lugging suitcases. There was a Nisa not too far either which was good for some movie snacks. All in all a great stay, the family were impressed and we would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington House Aparthotel Hotel
- Kensington House Aparthotel Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Kensington Hotel Aparthotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New to 2008, Kensington House Aparthotel is ideally located next to Jesmond Metro Station with easy access to Newcastle Centre and the airport. Set in the exclusive cosmopolitan Jesmond area, Kensington House Apartments offer stylish contemporary accommodation in a great setting. With a wide range of bars and restaurants on the doorstep and the city centre just minutes away, these two bedroom apartments are an ideal base for business and leisure travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Kensington House Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.