“Faulty towers with a spa” 2 of 5 stars

Georgian House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Haslemere GU27 2JY, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Haslemere
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Faulty towers with a spa”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

My mum and I went here for a one night spa break. You really Need a sense of humour to stop here. The staff are very unfriendly and do not give you any information. The spa (if you can call it that) is a joke, the pool has scum on the sides, the showers are mouldy and it has a very unpleasant smell, I must say though that the sauna and steam room was rather nice.

We started our break off with a full body massage each, we were taken to one on the hotel bedrooms for the treatment where they had two massage beds, nail station and a wax pot. I guess all treatments go on in this one bedroom. The room was not relaxing it had a main light on plus a bed side lamp, there was a big wi Dow which they did not pull any blinds or curtains so we had to get undressed hoping that no one could see in, when we mentioned feeling uncomfortable about the privacy they did not seem bothered.

We had all our meals included in the package. For the evening meal my mum and I both went for the chicken curry, what a mistake it was basically chicken, chopped tomatoes and a bit of curry powder, they didn't even drain the rice properly so it was sat in water and turned the nann breads soggy. For breakfast they had the choice of cereal or self serve cooked breakfast, the scrambled egg was green, the beams were all dry and stuck to the bottom of the pot and the bacon had gone all dry and shrivelled up.

We were in room 11. And all we could hear was the road noise.

I really don't know how this is a 3 star hotel should be a 2!!

I certainly will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I had booked this hotel for myself and a friend to stay about a week in advance. They were very friendly over the phone, and I had the usual hotel spiel about how the price will continue to rise closer to the date I wanted to book for. I still don't understand the logic and complexity of these pricing systems sometimes.

The website showed this hotel as being a gorgeous looking building, but sadly it was only true of the outside and the reception. The rest of the hotel was very dingy and dated. I went for a 4 poster feature room, which was quite a let-down. Imagine a dingy Travelodge hotel room with a 4 poster double bed! It cost £99, I expected more for a feature room, perhaps a theme, or modern decor.

There were no photos on the website of the rooms…. now I know why!! Who would want to put up photos of these rooms, I thought.

A bonus was that the hotel was pretty quiet all night, but that could have been from a lack of guests, I can't be too sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I got married here in August and it was brilliant!

The staff were incredible leading up to, and on the big day! Very helpful and keen to please.

All guests had a wonderful time, perfect location and lovely surroundings!

Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

There is NO GOOD REASONS why to stay here, when there are so many other nicer, cleaner, better quality hotels around Haslemere!!
I brougth many friends, and family to this hotel, and I was absolutely not proud of it.
Dirty sheets in the bed, old and nasty bathrooms.
Yes, it has a pool. Yes it is cheap. Yes it's in the town center.
No, I will NOT recomend to anybody!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
eastbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for a girly weekend with a view to using spa facilities and were quite disappointed on the whole, the room was really dirty, hair on the floors, thick dust an old contact lens(EUGHH) in the bathroom, really grubby bed throws with yellow stains !! tatty fixtures, we didnt complain as our friend was treating us and we didnt want to make a fuss but if id have been paying i would have def been back down at reception ! The room was freezing and the heater was making v strange noises so didnt think it was that safe and there were no duvets only a sheet and what looked like an old fasioned baby blanket ! Spa area was ok but again needs a re-vamp and didnt like the mixed changing rooms and dodgy smell. Good points were the food and the waiting staff although there was only us and one other table at meal times.Would not return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Bavaria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding reception last weekend. I checked in with friends and I was very disappointed to find the room so filthy. I could write my name in the dust on the bathroom floor! There were cobwebs above our beds and the cieling was badly stained by water and coffee?? There were still hair clips on the carpet from previous guests and the toilet seat was stained yellow and is in need of changing quickly! I did summon a member of staff up to look at the room and was given a £25 discout, but I feel I may have just been buttered up. I would much rather prefer the £25 went toward a new seat/dusters/mops, etc??
There is a wellness centre there, but I decided to give this a miss after my findings??
The breakfast was ok the next morning, although there were some riased voices and short tempers when food kept running out and cold baked beans were brought out (and put on my plate). I get the feeling that they are happy to take on lots of parties/reception/private bookings etc but could not keep up with the workload, or just cannot be bothered. I was polite and curtious with regard to my complaint but was not introduced to any member of management?
Overall my experience was very disappointing. Thank goodness I was at a party and had not booked myself in with a view to spend a weekend away with family/friends/spouse!
I do know they have lovely rooms in the hotel, so beware if you are showed around before thinking about booking a venue!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Georgian House management must have taken note of the reviews written down here as my stay was near perfect.

On arrival the guys behing the desk were friendly and helpful, phoning taxis for the next morning and arranging alarm calls.

The room was large, airy, the bed had a good matress and the sleep quality was A1, probably as I was away from the road.

The pool area was clean and the sauna helped me relax...The staff in the spa were friendly and chatty also.

All i would say is that my room was a bit warm, but apart from that, no complaints.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!