“Perfect Spa Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Haslemere
London
“Perfect Spa Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have just returned from a lovely long anniversary weekend. We booked an executive Suite. From the moment we arrived, checked in and were shown our accommodation, we were so impressed. There was a nice card and plate of fruit to welcome us, in the room. Staff were very welcoming, the suite was lovely and clean, views were of the hill going down to the little river, lots of rabbits hopping around. Spa was wonderful, we spent most of the time there, lovely clean pool, all the staff were very friendly, we also had a couple of treatments. Having visited Spa hotels before I can say this is the best for location, quality, value and service. We have returned very refreshed, and even though there was a wedding party there, it didnt really impact on our stay, we still felt like valued guests. Our room was a modern suite, we were curious about the other ones, but very happy with what we had. I wouldnt hesitate to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river/lake,and if you want modern or old style, you probably will...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Kotele

The team and I are thrilled you had such a fantastic experience.
We would love the chance to welcome you again in the future.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if we can assist in making your booking.

695 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I got married on 3rd June 2012. The booking was quite last minute for a wedding as our original venue let us down (in January) and Emma and her team did everything they could from the day we booked it to ensure the day was everything I dreamed it would be. (and it was!)
Lythe Hill is a beautiful place and I knew as soon as I saw it that it was fate the other venue let us down as was definitely the place we were meant to be married!

Due to the weather we were unable to hold the wedding outdoors but actually was really pleased it was indoors, the garden room was a beautiful setting and it fit my 100 guests comfortably but still felt intimate.

From the moment myself and a few of my guests arrived the day before, we were looked after very very well.
We made use of the spa on the saturday which was beautiful and had a private dinner in the Tudor restaurant, the food was exquisite and the team in the restaurant are amazing and were everytime we visited the restaurant.

The actual wedding day was perfect, as I said it was held in the garden room due to the rain but luckily the sun came out so we were able to have all of our photos outside.
The grounds have made a gorgeous backdrop to all of my photos.

The wedding breakfast again was perfect, all of my guests commented on how friendly the staff were throughout the day and extra care went into ensuring everybody was happy including the children and babies.

The only slightly negative comment I have had from guests was that in the evening there was only one barman on the bar and the wait for the drinks was abit too long but my husband had a quick word at reception and two other barman appeared very quickly! Problem solved!

The next day, breakfast was great and a few of our guests that had stayed, made use of the pool and the spa for a few hours after checkout. This was nice as it meant our weekend didn't have to end straight away.

We had a perfect wedding, huge thankyou to Emma, Rueben and the whole team at Lythe - you made it so special. I would definitely recommend anyone to get married here and we will be coming back as husband and wife to stay again in the near future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
LytheHillHM, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear ElenaB

The team and I are thrilled you had a fantastic experience at this special time in your lives.
We hope you and your husband come and stay with us either for your anniversary or spoil yourselves with a spontaneous romantic spa weekend away here.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We turned up at Lythe hill looking for a last minute place to stay and were welcomed by a friendly member of staff who gave us the over night rates and showed us 4 rooms which we could choose from which was a really lovely touch. There is a modern block and a tudor block, we opted for a modern room but all were lovely, depending on your taste.
Reception staff were all so lovely, welcoming and very informative. Wifi password available when you check in.
The area is beautiful and the grounds of the hotel are great. There are lovely wild rabbits on the grounds and it is really scenic, wonderful for a wedding. There is also a pathway/road for a nice walk through the grounds behind the hotel.
The pool, sauna and steam room at the hotel are nice. Included in the price we paid and open long hours. Pool was a great temperature and facilities clean and modern. Recommended for a relax!
Menu available for evening includes 2 course meal for £18 and 3 courses for £25 i believe. Unforunately the menu wasn't to our taste so we opted to eat out in Haslemere which is a lovely place to go.
Breakfast was good, food served to order. Food was nice. Fresh pastries and cereal etc available to help yourselves to.
Really recommend Lythe Hill, particularly because of how friendly the staff are and how lovely the area/grounds are. Just has a lovely feel to the place!! Would definitely go back :)

Room Tip: On booking perhaps state your preference for modern/tudor room. Modern are near reception and tudor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Fig !

The team and I read your review this morning and are delighted you had such a fantastic time and found Lythe Hill the magical and special place that so many of our guests do.
We look forward to the chance of hosting you again in the future.

My best regards

Derbyshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We came here on business and decided to make a mini break whilst we were here and stay a little out of town. Our room was larger than the norm with sitting room, bathroom and bedroom but views overlooking the reception! So that was the first disappointment. Decor was fine. I had to walk all the way back to reception to get a wifi code - they could have told me that on booking in. There was hardly any phone reception in the whole complex so organising my meeting was a bit difficult.
We didn't eat an evening meal there so I can't comment on that. When we got back late from outr meeting there was a noisy party going on just outside our room. Not impressed.
The breakfast the next day was OK with lovely views from the room. We booked in the spa and the pool area was quite frankly very dated. The hot tub was little more than an extension of the pool. I don't know - I guess I just expected more from this part of the world. The spa was nicely done, the massage therapist was brilliant and the spa staff were so friendly and nice.
The whole place had lovely touches - friendly notes etc and the staff were very friendly. But all in all we didn't feel this had the wow factor. We really did feel we got value for money through if not a wow factor with such a large room, free wifi and breakfast for the price we paid.
I would recommend this hotel for ambience, hotel staff and value but it didn't have the wow factor to take it over the edge.

Room Tip: Don't face the central courtyard - no views and night time noise. Ask for a wifi code on booking...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
LytheHillHM, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Munch-Banana

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments.
The team and I are delighted you had a great stay but naturally disappointed you feel you did not leave having received that "wow" factor that so many of our guests coment on and enjoy.
Please do contact me directly should you choose to visit us again so that I may assure you of our personal attention and we shall see if you leave us next time thinking like so many others that you have had a "special" experience here at Lythe Hill.

Warlingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My partner and I booked the Executive Suite for a one night break on 6th/7th June.

We arrived far too early for the normal check-in time of 3.00 p.m.but were delighted to learn that the room was available and so we were settled in by midday.

The spa facilities are great - loved the pool and jacuzzi - and the staff were all very friendly. We had several treatments booked between us and REALLY enjoyed the pampering followed by a snooze on the beds around the pool.

We dined from the a la carte menu in the restaurant that evening and the meal was superb as was the service and - once again - all the waiting staff were very friendly and welcoming (particularly the Maitre'd on duty that evening - to whom we give special thanks!). Oh and must give thanks to the ducks and rabbits for keeping us entertained during our meal!!

The grounds of Lythe Hill look oustanding - although the inclement weather prevented our exploring in any depth. Need another visit for this which will - surely - be in the not too distant future!!

Have only given Lythe Hill a rating of 4 due to fact that - having booked the Executive Suite - we expected robes and slippers to be available for our use. The very least we should expect from a hotel of this calibre and the price paid.

All in all a very relaxing break in a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LytheHillHM, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Maureen

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback.
The team and I are thrilled you had a comfortable and relaxing stay.
Bath robes and slippers are available in the spa as I am sure you found out and we tend to omit them from our other rooms except our suites. However we will take your comments on board and discuss the option of placing them in all rooms.

regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed two nights, ate in their restaurant, and made use of their spa facilities and treatments. We were comfortable, the restaurant was excellent, both in setting and service, and the food itself ( especially the more expensive a la carte) was very good. So were the spa facilities, treatment rooms and the treatments (aromatherapy) we had. The area is great for walkers, as you can start straight out of the hotel, although the printed instructions given by the receptionist were not always clear. Bring a compass, and possibly a good map! We would definitely go again.

Room Tip: We were happy, but were not in the cheapest category of room
Dear Mark

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are pleased you had a great experience and look forward to welcoming you back to Lythe Hill at some point in the future.

regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a hide-out occasion. We asked in advance for peace and quiet. The hotel obliged and put us at the very end on the second floor: and it was quiet, not a great view of the roof top, but at least no one was looking in.

Initially it was an ominous start, discovering a quite late check in and early check out (3pm check in, and 11am, check out) as the room wasn't available (we had arrived at 2:20pm from some driving considerable distance), I queried this. But reception staff were gracious saying until the room was ready we could chill in their spa, and also this applied to using the spa even when we checked out. However, they were willing to accommodate a 12pm rather than 11am check-out because our room wasn't ready. Even so, at less than 24 hrs for a one night period, that's pretty quick for the price paid.

The corridors reminded me of university or sergeant's mess quarters... and the room was small, bed low (we tripped up a few occasions on the corners, until we removed the covers to see the solid wood legs). But it was clean, no fridge. Bathroom most surprising. It was like university halls, nothing special, basic fit, but Elemis products. (Our last hotel in the area, had a special nice bathroom big enough for two in the bath...roll top, old fashioned fittings)

BUT that said, don't hang out in your room. The Spa was SO good we went 3 times in less than 24 hours we had there, not least the weather was diabolical (pouring non-stop).

Afternoon before we could get in our room, and after dinner...until they threw us out that night. It is a BIG 16m pool, and big size steam room, average size sauna. And an odd jacuzzi that's part of pool, so its not hot. While it was near empty bar a two to three couples, this made it relaxing, very quiet, and far from crowded. Bliss.

Mostly it was is big by hotel standards, and the lounging beds great to doze on, which we did. This more than made up for us not needing to use our small bath (joint shower in it) or bathroom other than as a toilet and washing teeth.

Again we went the next day (our check out day), and spent 3 hours in spa, until two very young children and babies arrived who of course 'broke that peace'. But as we'd had 2 good sessions minus children - we certainly had no complaints.

We did note there were specific blackout periods of no children, if that's what other reviewers have complained of. Personally, its a seriously posh and nice well kept spa - immaculate, so it is wasted on children, that said, its clearly a spa where local membership can be bought, and this is a nice commuter belt area. Its also sold as a wedding venue hotel, so young children here is hardly surprising but a shame.

The big bonus of this stay was definitely the relaxed attitude of all staff, to use their leisure facilities before getting your room, AND after checking out (11am, because they need to clean, its not a big hotel), and for us this justified the cost of the stay. Without that, the room and nothing special bathroom was definitely only 'average' the pool and spa with big steam-room, puts it at "very good". As the weather was so terrible, it really made this spa with pool, a haven from the outdoors, when this area has lots of good walking routes, so we were sad not to get out. But quality time was spent together in this spa.

Food was very good and generous, and breakfast buffet style and especially generous and home cooked.

I would return to this hotel, but only if the weather was so awful, as we can think of no where nicer to hide out and use in the spa and pool again.

Room Tip: Top floors, end of corridors are very quiet but not great window views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LytheHillHM, General Manager at Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear OpenmindedAngel

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback on your recent stay at our property.
We are delighted you enjoyed the chance to relax and indulge in our Spa and hope to see you again at some point in the future.

Regards

Simon Drake

Been to Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!