“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
aldershot
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Came for my sons birthday. Everyone ordered burgers. Veggie burger was tasteless. Fries were best part of meal. Other burgers were enjoyed.
Pudding !! Well. We ordered sundaes only for the waiter to return to tell us they had run out of vanilla ice cream I mean .... WHAT????

London, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant had a good atmosphere and friendly staff. The food took a very long time to come and when it did come we were not particularly impressed especially considering the time we had had to wait. All in all an ok place to visit if you have time to wait.

Visited February 2014
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Best ribs ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I visited TGI Friday's Guildford on Saturday 25th January while househunting. We're huge fans of American food and had eaten at the Orlando TGI's as recently as August.

To be honest we were just looking for a late night bite to eat, but the standard of the food and service surpassed our expectations.

We were greeted by a very friendly (and let's be honest, very camp) young waiter who was incredibly welcoming despite the restaurant being packed to the rafters. He showed us to the bar and gave us a buzzer so we'd know when our table was available. We hadn't booked so we didn't mind waiting with a drink.

Ten minutes later said buzzer went and we were shown to our seats. I ordered the buffalo wings (my favourite) and the Jack Daniels glazed ribs, which I'd never had before.

Having eaten some distinctly average ribs at Bodeans in central London I wasn't expecting much for £11, but I was pleasantly surprised (and amazed) to find that the TGI version was on another level. Succulent and tender, falling off the bone, complete with a delicious Jack Daniels glaze. The portion was huge as well (despite only ordering half a rack), and came with fries. More than enough for a hungry 29-year-old male!

Despite the restaurant being so busy we had no complaints with the service, and when we asked for our bill it came immediately. We had one starter and two mains, plus a beer for £30. Great value in my opinion!

When we move to Guildford in June we look forward to making TGI's one of our regular haunts :)

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good foood, great atmoshere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I visited TGI Fridays yesterday to celebrate my friend's birthday. It was really, really busy, but atmosphere was amazing. We were hoping for amazing evening to relax and have great food and we weren't disappointed. The service was great. Our waitress, Louise, was really busy but every now and again she was there to help, take our orders and make sure we are happy with everything. We had to wait for a food quite a while, but the portions were huge and made us full up. The food I had ( medium rare 8oz New York Strip Steak with House salad and crispy fries) was perfectly made and very tasty.

The eating area was clean and tidy, however I think there should be more attention paid to the toilets area.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Not bad, but more suited to younger (teenage) diners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Looking for somewhere fast and convenient, and having used TGIs previously, TGIs in Guildford was perfectly placed for us.

Arriving early evening on a damp Sunday evening, despite an almost empty restaurant we had to wait for five minutes whilst a table could be found. Once found, we had a further wait whilst the waitress came over so that we could order drinks, which was followed by another ten minute wait to order.

Quality of drinks is average, they may be free refills but each time the "free" refill comes out each tumbler is racked to the hilt with ice so giving the impression that you're having lots of refills which appears to be good value. I suspect that the quantity of beverage supplied is actually quite low though. Quality of main courses was above average, and represented average value.

Service, like the quality of food and drinks was again distinctly average. Slow order time slow food delivery time and lack of smiles makes us reluctant to return.

In short, this is probably okay for trendy mid teenagers but for those with a more discerning pallet and need for better service, are probably best off trying elsewhere.

• Visited January 2014