“SPOILED FOR CHOICE...” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1483 224180
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 228 Restaurants in Guildford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Woking, United Kingdom
“SPOILED FOR CHOICE...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visited for my daughter's birthday celebration on a Wednesday evening. Nice warm welcome and a pleasant ambiance even though the place was not over-busy. Given a choice of table by a waiter with a traditional Italian sense of humour - this boded well.

We were not disappointed. The menu was one of the most comprehensive I have come across recently and it took us a long time to choose. Two specials boards showed some really delicious sounding starters and mains.

Goings for mains and puds we found the chicken and pork from the special board to be superb! Great sauces and served piping hot. Puds were equally well received and we left feeling full and satisfied.

Value for money was excellent with many starters and puds under a fiver (Surrey eating pubs please take note!!!). Wines from £15 and a wide range of wines available by the glass too.

We have already booked to visit again and have no doubt we shall enjoy that experience as much as we did our first.

Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013

Surrey
“Excellent food, nice ambience and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A nice boy in the car park helped us find a space as it does get busy on Sundays. A friendly welcome when we entered. The decor is simple but attractive making you feel relaxed. We went with our 3 young children (half portions offered). The menu is interesting and varied and sourced locally. I had home made seafood ravioli which was superb, followed by calves liver also delicious. My children enjoyed their lasagne, calamari and prawns. My husband had a slow cooked lamb which melted in the mouth. We will definitely return I would go back just for the ravioli but there were many other things on the menu I would love to try!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent service, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My absolute favourite place to eat. An independent restaurant and the chef owns it. A bit of a drive out of Guildford, so we always need a 'designated driver' but the food is incredible. Great quality, huge range of dishes and always well prepared and delicious. They have a series of home made ravioli which is LOVELY! Service is amazing too.

Visited August 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Guildford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My favourite local restaurant, the food is absolutely incredible. The special menu is always different with amazing options (the octopus carpaccio is fab) and there is a huge range on the normal menu. The food is always fresh and cooked to perfection and Carlo himself often comes out to serve customers if the restaurant isn't busy. Staff are very attentive and welcoming, especially on special occasions. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and anyone and will keep going every time I visit home.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Great place for a family get together”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked Carlo's Trattoria for a pre-Christmas lunch (18 adults, 1 toddler and a new born baby) and we couldn't have gone to a better place. When I booked I requested a high chair, a small portion of turkey for the toddler and whether the staff would be able to look after a black sack for people to put their secret Santa presents into. Nothing seemed too much trouble and we were also given a spare table next to ours, where my niece was able to put her newborn's carry cot. The restaurant itself is bright and airy with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The service throughout the meal was excellent and the waiting staff were all friendly and very jolly. The food itself was delicious - everyone in the party was very happy with their meal and offered excellent value for money (3 courses with plenty of wine, plus other drinks at £25/head) Even though we had booked their latest sitting, at no time were we hurried along (we had quite a long hiatus as the presents were handed out) and were able to enjoy a long, relaxed lunch.
A great family get together in a great restaurant.

• Visited December 2012