“Manor House Hotel and Spa, Guildford Surrey.” 5 of 5 stars

Manor House Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newlands Corner, Guildford GU4 8SE, England   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Guildford
EAST SUSSEX
“Manor House Hotel and Spa, Guildford Surrey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked this hotel for my Daughters Wedding Venue weekend, Friday to Sunday.The hotel is amazing, set in lovely grounds, 50 plus rooms excellently furnished,
As a wedding venue it was superb, The Ceremony room was well appointed, and the Function room was first class, Coupled with fantastic staff who were both polite and attentive at all times.
The food in the restaurant was very good well cooked and plentiful.and a wine list to suit all tastes.
The morning breakfast was also very good catering for all tastes as well.
.We had 90 people sitting down to the Wedding Breakfast as its called and the Hotel did not disappoint, The food, the service, the staff all of top quality. All commented likewise by the diners.
Altho I did not personally use the Spa facilities the people that did found it very good, and free to residents.
As far as a wedding venue is concerned I would rate this as excellent and competitively priced, in today's market place. The food, the staff, the facilities were all top quality.
Truthfully I cannot praise them highly enough. My Daughter and her new husband were totally thrilled and happy, which was itself another plus.

My only VERY small concern not complaint was I needed a disabled room for my elderly parents. Although the room allocated was wheelchair friendly, it was just that. here were no disabled toilet or shower in the room and it was equipped with a double bed, Which was not suitable for OUR needs, but to compensate the hotel, gave us the next door room Gratis, altho not connected it satisfied my parents. Also once again a small gripe, to get to the dining room for breakfast you had to use external ramps out, then in. As it was only on the 18th/19th Jan, this was snow covered and a little tricky.
But this did not detract away from the fact that this hotel, satisfied all the guests around 45 rooms were occupied by our wedding guests, and I can honestly say I don not think anybody was dissapointed.
Thank you to the Management and Staff at this wonderful hotel. I cannot praise them high enough.

Room Tip: Please be aware that altho they advertise Disable rooms, these are in fact ONLY wheelchair friendly...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Thurston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just before Christmas my husband took me away to this hotel for my birthday, our room was spacious, very clean and had its own lounge area. The staff were very friendly and willing to help with any of our requirements. Guildford was only a short taxi journey away and perfect for some therapeutic retail therapy! Unfortunately, we didn't have time to experience the spa facilities - a good reason for a return visit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to this hotel to celebrate a friends birthday just before Christmas. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms spacious and well equipped, the food great and the location very handy for shopping trips.

We'll certainly return for another visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I needed a bit of pampering and rest, and this place was not far and had everything I was looking for, I thought. First the satnav could not find it as it was in the middle of nowhere, one would hardly call that Guildford. Reception was good and I was upgraded to a large bedroom in the old building, nice! Had my massage etc and headed for dinner. That night they had two large and loud groups for their Xmas dinner parties, that's ok, but as a consequence the service was terrible, followed by an equally terrible dinner, the fish and chips (sic) was mostly batter and was tasteless. Everything from there went downhill. Left my food and went to a frozen bedroom! The heater was too small for the room size. Decided to make the most of it and went to bed fully clothed until... 10pm the loud music only 30yds from my room started. That was the last straw, packed my bag, checked out and went to my sweet home, never to return

Room Tip: Stay away from the dance floor, lol
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding. The staff were very polite and courteous. Nothing was a problem. The rooms were just brilliant. We needed a put you up bed in one of our rooms which was more than great for my 9 year old son. Both of our rooms had en suites which were very clean had plenty of fresh laundered towels. In our other room we had a double bed and a single bed the room was huge and very clean airy and had the most amazing balcony. The grounds were beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Al the staff were very helpful and polite. We didn't have time to go to the spa but have booked up a spa day to come back again. Breakfast was a buffet which included cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, and egg bacon sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans toast both brown and white. If you didnt like scrambled egg you could order fried eggs. there were lots of choices of fresh fruit juice and as much coffee and tea you could drink. Even when we were leaving the brass handrails were being cleaned. Our whole stay was brilliant and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed December 2012
Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We got married at the hotel at the beginning of November 2012 and had the most fantastic day. Pre-wedding planning went off without a hitch and the wedding ceremony, reception and evening event were excellent too. Lovely helpful staff and very professional service throughout. Amazingly, 56 of our guests stayed at the hotel that night and took advantage of the special B&B rate. Lovely grounds for photographs and the hotel also has an outside venue in the garden for summer ceremonies. Would recommend The Manor House Hotel to everyone! Mr & Mrs B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We enjoyed our overnight stay. Dinner bed and breakfast all good and a lovely spa area with swimming pool. Yes, a little dilapidated in some areas but to be honest a lot of older hotels could benefit from a lick of paint!
Staff were very helpful. Overall stay good. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Manor House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!