“Hidden Gem in Guildford” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem in Guildford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our family are always on the lookout for places to have breakfast and like to stay away from the big chains. I go into Guildford regularly, but never think to go into the Tunsgate - I always pass it by. However, this morning, I thought I would search on line to see if there was anywhere different we could go. I found Glutton & Glee and then read the reviews here and thought it looked perfect.
My son and I set off and when we arrived we were not disappointed.
We received a very warm and cheery welcome and went to find a little table upstairs. It was spotless and cosy. The menu isn't enormous, but we just wanted a nice breakfast and we made the right choices. It was a change to have sourdough toast - a personal favourite of mine and the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon were delicious. The Eggs Royale ( a posh Eggs Benedict) were excellent too.
The cappucino was first class and my son was delighted to be served with real tea in a pot instead of tea bags.
We shall definitely be returning very soon - but I think we will have to get there early as it gets very busy.
Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Best Coffee I've had in the UK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having been away from Guildford for many years, I was looking for somewhere that did great coffee while here on holiday and found this little place online which had good reviews, and it definitely didn't disappoint.
The coffee was really great, and the selection of food is very fresh and homely.
Highly recommend for breakfast or light lunch. Friendly staff and if good weather the little courtyard is cute and quiet.

Visited June 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fresh food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place is very small, but they have healthy snacks and do gluten free cake etc. They are conveniently near the castle. There is a tiny outside seating area.

Visited April 2013
“Fantastic little local cafe, serving great food and amazing coffee.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Can't praise Glutton and Glee too highly. The staff are friendly and helpful. The coffee is the best I have had in the UK. The food is home made , interesting and tasty.
I often pop in for a take away Flat White and a salad for my lunch. At the weekends we enjoy a more leisurely visit , reading the newspapers provided and having brunch ...great breakfasts served till 12.00.
Always disappointed if no seats available... It is small!!!

• Visited April 2013
“Lovely and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely cafe, delicious cake, great service. Nice coffee and good choice of veggie options. Will definitely come back.

• Visited May 2013