“Absolutely amazing weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Alexandra Terrace | High Street, Guildford GU1 3DA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast for less
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Guildford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Absolutely amazing weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I can't rave about this hotel enough! I booked a weekend spa package for boyfriend's birthday and it undoubtedly made the best present, completely exceeded my expectations. The Lobby Manager Luke was absolutely incredible, he went above and beyond to ensure we had a brilliant weekend and I can't thank him enough. He was amazing from the moment we checked in and I will definitely be returning after the service he gave us, it was fantastic. Luke was a delight he made our weekend extra special I am very very grateful to him. The room was completely gorgeous and extremely comfortable, the spa was lovely and the massage we had was perfect. Very relaxing. Breakfast had an excellent selection of hot and cold dishes and the hotel is situated in a ideal location on the high street close to the bars and restaurants. It was a wonderful experience that I highly recommend. Excellent, modern hotel with exceptional service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent spa weekend.

I am delighted to hear you had a comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable stay with us. I am pleased to hear the massages were relaxing and the breakfast buffet was to your liking. We are very fortunate to be at the top of Guildford’s High Street. Thank you for your wonderful feedback about Luke, which I will personally pass on to him. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team who all share a passion for great customer service, and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Peter Wardley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Maldives
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel managed to make my week in a hotel for work feel like a holiday, the service was exceptional, and the rooms are very well appointed and comfortable, they have plug sockets right by the bed! At last a hotel that recognises the need for that. Lovely bathroom! pretty good conference facilities! nice hot/cold buffet every day. And the Spa gives you a chance to relax at the end of the day, free for guests Monday to Friday, with reasonably priced treatments.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent business trip to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear your overall experience was made to feel like a holiday, offering exceptional service, comfortable rooms, good conference facilities and a wet spa area to relax in after a long day.

My team and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Situated within easy walking distance of Guildford High Street this new hotel is beautifully presented, excellent rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Parking could be made easier as you have to leave your car parked on a double yellow line while you check in and then use your room key to get into the underground car park.

The buffet style breakfast was good but if you order something extra (e.g. poached eggs) be prepared to wait!

Guildford has some lovely pubs, on and just off the High Street so it was great to be able to have a couple of pints and then walk back to the hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Fiona & Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for you recent visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful and relaxing night’s stay with us and found the hotels location convenient for walking into the town. Our checking in process allows you to gain access to our car park and once parked, go straight to your room via the lifts with your luggage. We have an agreement with the local council that guests can park on the double yellow lines in front of the hotel for checking in purposes solely. I am pleased to hear the breakfast buffet was to your liking and should advise that any ordered dishes should only take a couple of minutes to arrive as they are all freshly prepared.

I do hope to welcome you back soon on a future visit to Surrey.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is first class the rooms very clean and modern restaurant very varied , reception all helpful. This hotel is in a good position in Guildford Surrey , walking 2 mins to shops etc and car parking very secure. All good. Would recommend

Room Tip: All the rooms are good a large number of people stayed with us so I saw quite a few rooms and they a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jackie,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to Surrey and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you think the hotel is first class, with very clean rooms, modern restaurant and helpful reception staff. We are very fortunate to be located at the top of Guildford’s High Street and within a 2 minute walk of the many retail outlets.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I use this hotel a lot, twice per week for business in Guildford.

The hotel standard, room size, service are all excellent and what you would expect from a Radisson.

The parking arrangement is a little odd, as you need to park in the public car park, go and check in and get your hotel card, then go back to your car, to move it into the hotel car park. All a bit of a pain if it's raining.

You should note, that service is included on everything you do unless you change it on the bill.

One thing I have a HUGE issue with, is the free wireless in the hotel. The download speed is appalling. So bad, that I have had to purchase a mobile WiFi dongle, to ensure I have internet access for business. I've tried most of the floors and both sides of the corridor, no improvement. Some rooms, with only one bar on the wireless signal, which consistently drops. I've discussed this with the front desk staff and they are all aware, but can action an improvement.

All of my colleagues experience the same and we have at times, been forced to sit in the bar and share my mobile wifi. Not the best for a premium hotel.

But, if you don't need wifi, highly recommend to stay here! :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your business trips to the area.

I am delighted to hear the hotels standards, room size and service delivery have all been excellent during your visits to us. I am sorry you find our parking arrangement difficult. We have an agreement with the local council that guests can park on the double yellow lines in front of the hotel for checking in purposes solely. I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with our complimentary Wi-Fi during your stays with us, as this is continually monitored by our IT department and I shall be passing your feedback on to them to review. I do hope that we are able to rectify this swiftly and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was an extremely nice hotel. Once again it was very clean and organised which is something you take for granted from Radisson in general. The parking charges did take me a little by surprise so I would research parking before I booked again. We visited Box Hill surrey which was very scenic albeit surrounded by lots of dogs!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for your recent visit to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear you thought the hotel was extremely nice, very clean and organised. As a brand, we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and strive to ensure all guests have a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Our secure underground car park is £10 per 24 hours, however there is a municipal pay and display car park next to the hotel should guests prefer to use this.

My team and I hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Surrey.

Esher, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My partner and I booked a last minute room here for New Years Eve. It is a well situated Hotel. Minutes from bars and restaurants by foot. Very well furnished and equipped rooms. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Have already booked our next stay at the London Hotel, which we are both looking forward to.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Eva,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford Hotel for you New Year’s Eve accommodation.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel to be well situated in the heart of Guildford’s town centre and within a short walking distance of the many retail outlets. I am pleased to hear the bedroom offered everything you needed for a comfortable night and the staff were friendly and helpful.

I hope you have an enjoyable stay in one of our sister hotels in London and hope to welcome you back to Guildford soon.

Peter Wardley

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel? Share your experiences!