“new,nice but still need to improve” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Alexandra Terrace | High Street, Guildford GU1 3DA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 10%
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Guildford
Belfast, United Kingdom
“new,nice but still need to improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

nice room, nice hotel,clean and central location but
- need to teach hotel staff
-they dont answer to e mail( i try to request a car to pick me up from the airport)
- very expensive breakfast
-housekeeper not speaking english

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Dony,

Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent stay with us and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford for your stay in Surrey.

I am sorry you found our breakfast expensive. We do try to ensure we are in line with other hotels and businesses in the area. My sincere apologies that your email requesting a taxi was not responded to. Could you please contact me direct at the hotel so that I may look into the further?

Peter Wardley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Staines, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

when i arrived around 2pm on a saturday, the staff check us in so efficient, and very helpful, nothing was tooo much trouble for them, there customer service skills were second to none, they called my room to see if everything was satisfactory to our needs. the room was very comfortable and the decor was tastefull

Room Tip: ask for the top floor, although you dont hear any noise on any floor, but the air conditioning is qu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mervyn,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford for your recent trip to the area and for taking the time to write your feedback on this site.

I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and found the staff to be attentive and helpful.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is very disappointing. It doesn't have the prestigious feel that some of the larger radission hotels in the city have. It is more like a 3 star hotel. All of the public areas were very messy with neglected coffee cups, wine glasses in the bar and outdoor terrace. The ladies toilets were in a bad state, certainly not what you would expect in a four star hotel - dirty toilets, water on the floor and paper everywhere. The hotel was relatively dead on a saturday evening (another bad point), so im not sure why there was so much mess. We asked for drinks and were forgotten about.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this site and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford for your recent visit to Surrey.

I am sorry to hear about the issues experienced at the time of staying. I have looked into this and have been advised that we did have a large group in prior to your arrival. I have asked our Head Housekeeper to ensure that the guest facilities are now checked every hour to keep our standards to the high levels we pride ourselves on.

I have also spoken to the bar staff about your forgotten drinks order and apologise for the frustration this must have caused.

I do hope you will consider returning to the hotel on a future visit to the area.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel has been opened approx 1 year and they are still working out how things work. They have staff that really want to help, but many are trainees who seem to have little support from full time staff. Issues we had: On checking in (11pm) I wanted to give the conceirge a tip but they couldn't change a £20 and front desk didn't have enough small change in his own wallet. We asked to change rooms due to the frosted windows and no natural light, they tried, but it became too hard and they gave up. We wanted to use the pool, but where advised that young children were not allowed. We choose this hotel for this very reason and called the hotel direct to make booking. When we asked for the nearest pool they didn't know. This hotel has the making of a great hotel but more training needs to go into staff, so they better understand there local area ie. places to eat, cafes, pools.

Room Tip: If you want a room with natural light stay in the rooms not facing the park as they are frosted and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford for your recent visit to the area and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear there were a few issues during your stay with us. Having spoken to our Front Office Manager, she has informed me that we were unfortunately unable to move your room as we were fully booked. I apologise that this was not better explained and will follow this up to ensure it is communicated better with our guests.

I am sorry that the age restriction for the wet spa area was not advised over the telephone. Our pool is fitted with two powerful jets to give resistance to the swimmers and these were deemed unsuitable for children under the age of 16 to use by our health and safety advisors.

I do hope you will consider returning to the hotel and allowing us to restore your faith in our brand.

Esher, Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

On arrival by car draw up outside to check in before trying to park. this is as you will need your room key to enter the car park under the hotel, enter the hotel elevator from the car park and then to enter to corridor to the rooms. this same key card is used to open your room door and then to work the electricity - all very efficient & good security.

The one big problem for me as I was trying to keep in touch with my work was the lack of mobile phone signal both for myself on Vodaphone and my husband on 3 whilst in our room and in most of hotel. this together with very slow complimentary Internet and having to log in every time I opened my iPAD would make this hotel very difficult for any business.

The "Alice in Wonderland" / French chic decor works really well and this new Radisson feels very special from the moment you arrive and are welcomed by charming desk staff. there are a few disappointments in the room though: no Nespresso machine in the room just a kettle unlike several other Radissons and no welcome pastries and no complimentary bottled water etc that I have come to expect as on top tier "Concierge" level of their loyalty scheme. The bathroom was excellent and bed comfortable. someone without hair must have decided to put the hairdryer fixed in the wardrobe. it was almost impossible to dry my hair whilst stretching the lead to see in the mirror ! the bedside "reading" lights don't really work for reading the newspaper.

Room Tip: Ask about mobile phone signal in this area of hotel if this is important to you as possibly may vary...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
General-Manager-GFD, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your recent visit to the area.

I am sorry to hear you had a weak mobile signal whilst staying with us. This is something which we have only just been made aware of bearing in mind we are a newly built hotel and are in discussions with mobile networks to have a signal strengthening unit installed. Unfortunately it is essential for our guests to log in to the wireless as this protects the network. We also have a secure wireless available for business guests.

We do have Nespresso machines in our suites should a guest wish to upgrade their room, and we will shortly have complimentary bottled water in all our bedrooms. I am sorry you found the hairdryer awkward to use, this is something we are looking into and hope to have resolved this shortly.

I do hope you will consider returning to the hotel on a future visit to Guildford and look forward to welcoming you back.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Very expensive for what it is and location is central. Bar has very limited beers no draft, rooms are trying to lok hip but are not. Not worth anything near £250 a night!! Rooms very small. Staff nice and professional.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your recent visit to the area and for writing your review on this site.

I am sorry to hear you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. Please could you contact the hotel directly so that I am able to respond to you directly in regards to issues mentioned.

Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel itself is tucked away off Guildford high street, and is sleekly designed and fluid. Once you step inside the modern/luxe/quirky feel of the place relaxes you. There is no big reception desk rather a series of small intimate consoles to check in. The voile curtain wafting in the twinkling chandelier light (hang on, I am getting carried away) The library and nook for reading were very comfortable and our room was extremely well appointed and laid out. Spotlessly clean, nice toiletries, good shower. I would recommend this chain if all their hotels were this good, which I may just have to verify :)

Room Tip: We overlooked a car park but we were on the first floor. I believe floors higher up have a view of G...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford for your recent visit to the area.

I am delighted to hear you were able to take time to sit and read in our kiosk and liked the Lewis Carroll inspired reception with is large bookcase, chandelier and staircase to no-where.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit.

Peter Wardley

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Guildford Hotel? Share your experiences!