Our party of 4 had afternoon tea @ £14 per head, served in the Morning room which is a nice quiet room, that backs onto the grounds at the rear of the hotel.
The service was excellent and we were made to feel very welcome the whole time. Drawing pencils & paper were provided for my daughter which was a welcome touch. We had the room to ourselves which was an added bonus.
The tea itself is fair value for money; it's more a 'standard' afternoon tea than an upmarket one but plentiful refills of tea were provided and a good quantity of nice of sandwiches. The scones were just slightly the wrong side of fresh and the cakes were filling but a little too sweet (the small macaroons were nice though). However £14 p/p is less than what many hotels are currently charging hence I say the afternoon tea is reasonable value.
The hotel has some lovely characterful reception rooms (especially the Old Library and Bar) and the grounds are beautiful (we were blessed with a little sun).
Overall I was very glad I picked this hotel for afternoon tea but I would say that the quality of the food could do with a small amount of improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small dogs allowed with a £50 deposit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Wotton House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wotton House Hotel Dorking
- Wotton Hotel Dorking
- Wotton House Dorking, Surrey, UK