“Professional staff, great location, comfortable rooms, superb food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel

You added Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At the Foot of Box Hill, Dorking RH56BX, England (Formerly Mercure Burford Bridge Boxhill)   |
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Dorking
London, United Kingdom
“Professional staff, great location, comfortable rooms, superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We would like to thank all the staff at the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel for making our Easter Break such a memorable experience. We couldn't fault anything; on the contrary all the aspects of our stay exceeded our expectations. It is most likely the best hotel in the area, great value for money, and undoubtedly the most charming wedding venue you can possibly imagine! We would like to extend our special gratitude to the General Manager Tony for making our stay even more memorable.
Good luck for the future, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
tijhuis, General Manager at Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for your compliments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tony Tijhuis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We recently got married at this venue and had a great day. The Tithe Barn is amazing and full of character, the rooms are spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable.
The level of service provided ensured that we felt in good hands during our stay and all our guest commented on how beautiful the venue was and how well the day went partly due to the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding or short stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We wish you well for the future and hope you will enjoy many anniversaries at the Burford Bridge Hotel.
All best wishes from all staff at the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel.

Tony Tijhuis, General Manager
sta cristina d'aro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Staff attentive,courteous & helpful without exception.
Management welcoming & receptive.
Facilities attractive & comfortable.
Gardens & furnishings pleasant.
Breakfast comprehensive & well prepared.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
tijhuis, Manager at Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am glad you had a very enjoyable stay with the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Tony Tijhuis, Hotel Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Very unpleasant stay at a ridiculously over inflated cost! Marketed as a four star hotel but this was NOT my experience. As can be seen by photos, the quality of accommodation was shoddy - certainly not worth the £119 I paid (should have been £139 but got discount via laterooms). Broken plug sockets, stained furniture, pubic hairs in bath. Photos will show that the view from my window was over the bins and kitchen yard. Raised my concerns with Duty Mgr who off-handedly offered a discount of £25.00. I am sure that if you are given same room (404) nothing will have changed.

Sadly my stay got worse. My room was sited over the kitchens and I had to endure loud shouting, banging and crashing from the kitchen and the kitchen yard outside, which was underneath my window. This went on until approx 11pm. At one point I had to lean out of my window and ask the cooks, who were swearing and shouting in the yard, to be quiet. They found this amusing and took pleasure in being even louder. When the kitchens closed I was kept awake by the antiquated, ventilating system which was under my window. I can only liken it to sleeping next to a jumbo jet. Hotel staff said nothing could be done. Had the weather not been soo bad (heavy snow) I would have packed and left in middle of the night (something I've never done before despite travelling all over the world). After a night without sleep I called down to order breakfast. No answer on Room Service. Breakfast eventually came but was stone cold and minus some things I'd ordered.

Bad on many levels. Was very happy to leave and will never return. Worst hotel experience I've had for many years.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
tijhuis, Manager at Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2010
I am really sorry to hear that your stay the Mercure Burford Bridge Hotel wasn't up to expectations. I would very much like to discuss the matter with you in person and would appreciate it if you would call me on 01306 884 561.
Kind regards,

Tony Tijhuis, Hotel Manager
Bromley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We attended a wedding at this venue and had booked a room for that night.
An ideal hotel to be invited for a wedding ceremony, and a great place to stay!
The staffs were friendly and attentive. Our room was very clean and quiet. It overlooked the garden area and had a balcony with seating which would be ideal on a sunny day.
The buffet breakfast was very good. We would not hesitate to stay there again.
We needed to telephone the hotel on several occasions before the weeding day and found the staff helpful, polite and focused.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
tijhuis, Manager at Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found are service to be very good.
I look forward to getting the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Tony Tijhuis
Hotel Manager

Been to Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!