“Amazing little find.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 83 restaurants in Dorking
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Nestled in the valley of Surrey Hills is the historical and beautiful Little Dudley House. Modern British cuisine and a mesmerising wine list. An experience you must try and taste to believe.
“Amazing little find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time to the little Dudley house. This time was to try out their new Sunday roast and all I can say is wow. Amazing value for money. I left feeling very full and very satisfied. The staff were fab and could not do enough. Little Dudley house is a little gem and a great find. Looking forward to some more cosie nights there this winter.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went for a Sunday lunch here last week. The food was delicious and the service was great. Will definitely be returning.

South godstone
“London cuisine comes to Dorking”

My first experience of Little Dudley house was this Saturday, a very pleasant
Surprise 5 star food attentive staff fantastic cocktails a little haven tucked
Away in Dorking a fine dining experience shall defiantly recommend to my friends
And be going back!!!
Claire

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guildford, United Kingdom
“What a find - we'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited Little Dudley House in Febuary for a business lunch and was frankly underwhelmed and had not returned. That is until I heard one of the founders of The Cinnamon Club and Roast, two of my favourite London restaurants had taken over in the summer, so I decided to try Sunday lunch.
It was clear as soon as we walked in that there had been a dramatic change. Gone is the hideous lighting and pink furniture, and in it's place is low lighting,expensive looking sofas and chairs in the lounge and a smart new bar. A warm and welcoming room bookended by a wood burning stove at one end and an open log fire at the other. Perfect to escape the dark and chilly winters afternoon.
The Sunday lunch menu is limited but full of classic, almost retro dishes - and all the better for it.We had prawn cocktail and chicken liver pate to start and both delivered on presentation and taste. We had perfectly cooked (medium) rib of beef with excellent Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes. What really stood out were the side orders of vegetables. Sweet baby carrots, vibrant greens and a lovely cauliflower cheese. All perfectly cooked, retaining their bite and such a change from the mushy melange usually served up on a Sunday.
I had very little room for desert but when I saw it was classic "British Pudding Weekend" I relented and tried the Spotted Dick and custard. It was superb and rounded off an excellent meal in style.
This is a real find. Very good value. A lovely historic building that's been tastefully refurbished. Really nice relaxed ambience and lovely staff.
I will be back for dinner soon and if it's as good as Sunday lunch then I've a feeling I'll be a regular.The new owner clearly knows what he's doing and this is one to watch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Top Sunday roast worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We thought we would try Little Dudley House's new Sunday lunch menu and we were very pleased we did. I started with the cheese souffle which I have to say was the best one I have ever tasted, deliciously light and fluffy and the cheese not overpowering at all. My husband had the trout which was very tender too. Then l went for the chicken roast (half a chicken!) and my husband tried the lamb. Both meals came with plenty of delicious roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and vegetables. There was also a helping of cauliflower cheese, perfect for the two of us and again, beautifully cooked. We tried the organic red wine and that was fabulous too. We really wanted to sample a pudding as the restaurant had a special selection of hearty old-fashioned puddings available but we were just too full :( We will be going back to try the puddings next time!
Have to say that the service was impeccable throughout, very diligent, attentive waiters.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere