“My sort of lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“My sort of lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Fish cakes with prawns in and salad with lots of interesting flavours. Every salad dressing and mayonnaise you can think of available. I loved the ginger and garlic dressing which I bought in the shop afterwards!Chips crisp, sticky toffee pudding superb and plenty of tea and coffee. They do have wine menu but there is a great range of soft drinks and juices. Service was friendly there was a lovely open fire in the first part of the restaurant.If you sit in the large part of the restaurant it was a little chilly, but Im sure it would be a great place in the summer with plenty of outside space. This was a visit with friends and as an added extra there is a antiques barn a few doors away. I will be going back again to sample the scones which looked amazing!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“can't wait to try breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stopped her for a quick drink on the way to walk the dogs... and the breakfast the chap on the next table caught my eye, and i am now planning my return as it looked delicious. Lovely atmosphere and general bustle, good service and nice surroundings.

Visited February 2013
St. Ives, United Kingdom
“Oh, what a breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well, technically, it was brunch, but still. The sausages were perfect, the bacon was good, the eggs tasted as fresh as could be and I will weep tears of joy if I think about the black pudding for to long. It's the black pud you imagine...the pud you hope for. Crispy outside, soft inside, moist throughout. I thought very hard about ordering more after I finished my slice. A big bunch of perfectly cooked chips never goes amiss, either. Good, thick tea to wash it down with. The ham my wife tried was also delicious, but I still think next time I'm just going to order black pudding served on black pudding under a light layer of black pudding, with maybe a side of sausage for variety and health.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Essex
“a bit of a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Overpriced. We went when we had no kitchen and were expecting something a bit special after reviews we had read. The food was OK but not worth the money.

Visited May 2012
“Lovely lovely grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited friends in Suffolk and got off the train just in time for lunch on Saturday. We went here and it was very good. They just had sandwiches, but the bread was really fresh and the salad garnish was big. I had the bangers and mash. I didn't want the mash so they gave me extra veg and it was all delicious and very filling. We went into the shop and bought some huge scones for afternoon tea, which were really fresh. Well worth a visit if you are in the vicinity.