“Best breakfast around!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ferry Quay Cafe 'The Caravan'

Ferry Quay Cafe 'The Caravan'
Ferry Quay, Woodbridge IP12 1BW, England
Dining options: Breakfast
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Recently took a day trip down to woodbridge with my husband and children. The cafe is situated in such a lovely location, with perfect views and a close walk to the town centre. The staff were very helpful and friendly, my husband went completely off menu and they were happy to change things around no matter how fussy he was. They offered smaller portions for both children happily. I had a bacon sandwich and it was lovely, as were all my familys' meals. Inside the cafe is very cosy and clean. Lovely place to stop off at while on a walk around the river, i would even make a trip especially for their full english breakfasts or one of their daily specials!!!!

• Visited May 2013

United Kingdom
“Great place for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have had bacon butties and full breakfast here - both great. The food all tastes fresh and is well prepared to order. The coffee may not be the best in town but its not too bad either.
Most seating is outside so if a rainy/cold day you will be with lots of other folk trying for a seat inside! But if you do go 'out of season' it feels really cosy to be in a booth in the caravan!

Visited April 2013
helsinki
“Sunday special Lunch at the caravan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have visited the Ferry Quay cafe by the River Deben for many years. I have always found the staff extremely friendly and helpful, the food made to a good standard and priced well. I love the views from the caravan when eating in or sitting outside in the summer sun, away from the shops and people in Woodbridge. I often see friends or people I know either eating there or passing by as they enjoy a lovely walk along the river. I love my ham, eggs and chips which I have most Sundays, with bread and butter of course, after swimming at the local pool. After my lovely lunch I enjoy a walk around the quay, across to the Tide Mill and a quick look at the art works at the Woodbridge Art Club building. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon-or fact any day !!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Won't bother here ever again!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Used this place loads of times and food was always quite good if a bit expensive but I did a longish bike ride today cycling from Ipswich to Woodbridge. Unfortunately although I had my bike lock with me I came out without my key so was limited to where I could eat and leave my expensive bike within view,bike leant against the caravan seemed perfect for my quick snack.I simply ordered a bacon sandwich and a cold can of drink, 1 bacon sandwich 1 cold can £4.50, well overpriced for a cafe of any standard .When the sandwich came it was like the bread had been left in the sun for an hour before servinging it to me.The bacon was dry and overcooked, like the last sandwich on the plate at a party that's dry and curled up and nobody will want it or take it, you know what I mean by that type of quality.

In hindsight I should of been more of a man and took it back in the caravan and complained right it front of their customers, but as I said due to my circumstsnces I had nowhere else that I could eat at midday on a Sunday in Woodbridge and safely leave my expensive bike (£900) , with that type of food served to customers and a further 10 mile ride home a refund would only have been just, then going home with no food , I was basically stuck either way I tried so I just ate the rubbish I had been served

As I said earlier I've had good meals there, I used to push my wheelchair bound mother there as it was an ideal place to eat with outside tables to just put the wheelchair by the side of one. But now shes passed away I'll never eat there again.

It wasn't a mistake on there part to have served it like that, the dry bread was on top of the sandwich and you couldn't have cut it in half without noticing the bread was crispy and not fit to serve to a paying customer, they obviously just didn't care. You wouldn't have eaten that thing in your own house , much less charged somebody for it and overpriced at that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Deborahaj, Owner at Ferry Quay Cafe 'The Caravan', responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are sorry that your visit to our cafe was not a pleasurable one on this occasion. We wish that you had spoken to us regarding your disappointing sandwich and allowed us to rectify the problem. As we are sure you are aware as a previous customer on loads of occasions; our cafe is very popular locally and with both new and returning visitors, therefore we feel our pricing is pitched right for our position in Woodbridge. It is regrettable that you have chosen after one unfortunate experience never to come again after so many previous good meals. We do care greatly about our customers and the quality of the food that we serve and hope that if you are ever in the area again that you may call in so we could dicuss this and remind you of all the good meals that you enjoyed in the past, also with the knowledge that you have somewhere safe to store your bike as well.
Ancona, Italy
1,058 reviews 1,058 reviews
1,100 helpful votes 1,100 helpful votes
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

It’s called the Caravan because that’s what it is - a long caravan parked by the river. Strolling along the river bank admiring the boats is a pleasant way to spend an hour or two in Woodbridge, and afterwards the Caravan’s an ideal place for a rest. Sit outside if you want, or inside, with an excellent mug of strong, old-fashioned tea and perhaps a bite to eat - egg and chips, sausage and chips, bacon and chips, ham and chips, things like that.

I saw there’s battered local cod on Fridays.

Great prices and a friendly owner, who makes the tea and does the cooking.

There’s a shallow ramp between the station and the Caravan, so it’s a good place to wait for a train too, if you’ve got a bit of spare time.

• Visited December 2012