“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Were regulars here and always get a good meal...bit pricey for a pub but large portions given so we dont mind paying a little more....fantastic in the summer to sit outside and eat (if u can get a seat) very busy which speaks high volumes

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Suffolk
“Tourist Pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Coaches turn up and the food service goes mad. Fair play to Deben Taverns. If you want to visit this place do it out of season

Visited August 2012
Suffolk
“Great food with a lovely view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I took my father to the Maybush for lunch on Sunday - we had a lovely seat by a window overlooking the river. (it was a tad too chilly to sit outside, otherwise we would have done). My father and I had the most amazing fish and chips, and my husband had the BBQ chicken, which he really enjoyed. The food came relatively quickly despite it being quite busy. Staff were friendly and the bill was reasonable. Having sneaky peeks at everyone elses food as it was brought out - I don't think I would be disappointed with much on the menu. Would definitely recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Picturesque country pub on the river, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had a business meeting at this picturesque country pub right on the banks of the river Deben in Suffolk. Despite the fact that I managed to arrange my meeting for lunchtime on valentines day, the pub found us a free table. The food we ordered was excellent quality and delivered extremely promptly even though the place was heaving with diners. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the prices were reasonable. All in all, a good place. Make sure you park in the pub car park rather than the pay and display opposite!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
east anglia
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Usually the Maybush is good for a pub meal, in summer with a lovely setting, We visited last week and the meal was terrible, almost unedible we did try to eat it, and have complained to the management who dont seem bothered, with so many good reviews on Tripadvisor be careful what you choose to eat. Beer was fine.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere