“The best place to spend Saturday afternoon!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“The best place to spend Saturday afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! Food is always top notch, the service is always fab - friendly and efficient and the decor is pretty smart too.

I dont know what else to put really - AMAZEBALLS!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Still good - lunchtime or evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is (still) a common lunchtime haunt. Now the good lady is working full time in Newmarket finding somewhere decent for lunch where you get in, get served, eat and get out in an hour is important. You can do all that here - but it only feels like a rush if you need it to be. The Bento box lunches are great for this (starter and main course delivered at the same time - and they are also available as takeaways).

It's also great in the evenings - whether with just a few of you or a larger party. The food is always fresh, tasty and hot when it gets to you.

The staff are genuinely friendly - and happy to explain any aspects of the menu that you want to understand better.

The place doesn't set out to be "part of Thailand in Newmarket" with fancy outfits and decor - it's clean and simple, and REALLY GOOD!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Suffolk
“Great flavours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We ate here last night after reading the other trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed...the food tasted fresh and authentic. We sat at the bar area, as the restaurant was full, but we enjoyed the atmosphere the place had. Nice friendly staff too!!! Definitely will be going back.

“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've now visited Thai Street 6 times, 4 to dine in and twice as a takeaway. I've also eaten their food at the races. It's sublime and every time I go I try something different and have never been disappointed. Top marks, top food, good service and reasonably priced! In fact we are going there again tonight and I can't wait!

• Visited December 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best thai food outside of Bangkok!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was visiting family in the area and grew up here so know Newmarket very well. As soon as I saw this place I wanted to go in as it looked small and intimate and I love Thailand, especially the food having visited several times.

The menu is varied and all the classics are on there as so you won't be disappointed if you are needing a holiday reminder. My favourite is massaman curry and wow this did not disappoint! It was full of flavour,exactly how I remember it and good portion size...I wish I could go back there tomorrow! We had chicken satay skewers and duck spring rolls to start which were both delicious and my boyfriend really enjoyed his drunken chicken noodles which tasted just like he'd got them off a street vendor on khao San road. Fab!

Service was very quick and attentive, only thing I wasn't keen on was the bar area, a group of lads around the bar detracted a little from the cosy initmate restaurant feeling that otherwise would have been the perfect atmosphere. I would personally request a table in the front area rather than up the steps due to this.

Overall I will definitely be back to get my thai fix and this restaurant is a great addition to the area. Kob Khun Ka!