“One night stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newmarket
LINCS
“One night stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife & I stayed here for one night last week. The Room[No5] was very spacious, Clean & well appointed furniture & fittings.
The Leisure Pool is First Class , Sauna, Steam Room ETC all very good indeed.
The Breakfast was good, ordered & served by good attententive staff. All in All a good hotel to stay. Will Stay again if in the area & recommend.

Room Tip: Treat yourseves to a Suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just love it here. Rooms lovely, spacious, fresh coffee milk in rooms, breakfast great. Love rooms overlooking stables.
Pool and gym good.
No complaints apart from prices go up ridiculously when races are on!!

Room Tip: Overlooking stables my favourite
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night and she got one of the treatments from the spa. The room as great, breakfast was delicious, the staff is superb, and my girlfriend was really happy with her spa treatment and I enjoyed other great facilities such as swimming pool, Jacuzzi, etc. I think we will be back at some point. Highly recommended for a relaxed weekend.

Room Tip: I guess all rooms are good, we asked for a quiet one and that is what we got.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two weeks while our ceilings were being repaired. We can honestly say we cannot fault the hotel in anyway. Firstly the staff are, as the title says AMAZING! Helpful, kind, friendly, polite, the list is endless. In every department we were made to feel welcome and special, which helped us tremendously as the fact we had had to move out of our new build home after only 18months to have the repairs done had been extremely stressful, however the reception girls, housekeeping staff, waiters waitresses and bar staff ALL did their utmost to make us welcome and relaxed....so much so we didnt want to go back to our house!

The food is excellent, rooms spacious and spotless, grounds and garden picturesque and well kept......oh and staff amazing ;)

I also visited the Spa on a couple of occasions. Again,I have nothing but praise, the spa itself is truly wonderful, calm tranquil and inviting. Again the spa staff are friendly, welcoming, kind and extremely attentive. Would highly recommend a spa day. I cannot wait to go again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor at the back of the hotel, you can watch the horses training in the neighbouring...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Have stayed here a few times on business. Rooms are modern and spacious. Staff are pleasant and chatty. I find the restaurant food (dinner) a little lacking in soul. Cannot work out why as presentation is always good, and much play is made on using local ingredients. One small point (it's funny how you remember these things) I casually wondered up to the bar and asked for a 175ml (medium-size) measure of Chardonnay (white wine). This would usually be somewhere between £3-£6 elsewhere. I was asked for £11.50 and was quite shocked. It wasn't all that special and the waitress told me it "was the only Chardonnay they had by the glass". If you are going to offer a premium wine as standard, when the guest simply thinks they are ordering a glass of "house", this should be made clear in advance. Caveat emptor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Lovely setting. Friendly staff, especially those serving at breakfast, which was delicious. My room was clean and well appointed. We didn't eat a main meal in the restaurant but took a short walk into town and ate at 'Rhubarb.' This hotel was the same price as the nearby Premier Inn, but nicer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here with my family as we were attending Newmarket races, firstly the position of this hotel is perfect as only a short taxi ride to the race course. The hotel itself if very well presented and has a good quality feel to it, everything is immaculate and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. The room we had was clean, the air-conditioning worked very well so we had a good night sleep. There was a good selection for breakfast although to be honest the sausages were a little too meaty for my taste but that is just me so no reflection on the hotel. I would definitely come again and would recommend it for people who are going to the races.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bedford Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!