“Brilliant couple of nights” 5 of 5 stars

Bedford Lodge Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bury Road, Newmarket CB8 7BX, England   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newmarket
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Brilliant couple of nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at Bedford lodge hotel for a midweek break of a couple of nights early January. I had asked for a quite room overlooking the paddocks & that is exactly what we got. The room was so comfortable, and I loved that you had a separate walk in shower & a bath that was lovely and big! Moulton Brown toiletries were a lovely addition as were the tea pigs tea & caffetier coffee too. We ate dinner on the first night & was possibly one of the best meals out I have had in a long time! Duck breast was to die for. We took coffee in the bar after & it came with petit fours that was a nice touch. Breakfast on both mornings was excellent, hot was freshly cooked & just that - hot! We used the pool facilities on both days which were clean & the loungers were lovely to relax on too. Staff that we saw were always friendly & helpful. We asked for a recommendation of a place to eat out & ended up at The Pantry in Newmarket which was just fab too. On the day we left I used the spa for a lovely prenatal massage, just perfect to end the short break with. Really hope to return one day & would highly recommend on our experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 134 which was the last room down the corridor, but had no one walking past it &...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had wanted to arrange a spa break with my family for ages, and my, oh my am I glad I choose the Bedford Lodge Spa and Hotel. Set in picturesque grounds across two seperate buildings, it cleverly manages to blend my two loves of modern contemporary with traditional character and charm, and packs a full-on luxury punch from the moment you arrive.
I travelled with my sister and parents, and we booked an overnight spa break package which included a full day's use of the spa, plus a 40 minute massage treatment, dinner in the hotel in the evening and breakfast the following morning.

We arrived at the Spa on Saturday morning and the staff showed us into the spa lounge area and were extremely attentive, giving us a guided tour of the facilities all the way to our lockers, which contained luxury cotton towels, robes and slippers,

The spa facilities here are excellent and although they clearly had a lot of people in, it didn't feel overly busy and there was plenty of space to chill out and relax in plenty of space as required.
Lunch in the spa lounge was delightful, and the kitchen staff were able to cater for my somewhat complex dietary requirements- i had emailed them in advance to warn them and it didn't phase them at all (Anyone doing the Candida Detox will know what i'm talking about!)- and the staff here was exceptional.

Early evening on the Saturday we all had our treatments, and I had upgraded mine from the muscle reviver massage, to the Lavender Hot Poultice Massage- and I can honestly say it was worth every penny! 2 hours of unadulterated bliss, and included the works- foot exfoliation, full on body exfoliation, full body massage seemed to go on forever!
My massage therapist Faye was brilliant- working out all the knots in my neck and shoulders with her heated poultices packed with herbs and spices. Just Heavenly.

Dinner at the Hotel in the evening was also exceptional, again with the chef catering for my special diet of no gluten, dairy yeast or sugar, and the only issue seemed to be how the waiting staff worked out the bill at the end of the meal in conjunction with the package deal we were on, which then had follow on complications when we came to check out, but all was quickly resolved

Our room was fresh clean and welcoming. The Hotel also contains a separate well equipped gym and pool, which we used on the Sunday morning..followed by a scrumptious cooked Breakfast.

Highly recommend this Hotel and Spa. 10/10.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful stay. We also booked a spa day and had a wonderful relaxing time. The food in both spa and hotel restaurant was fantastic and our room very nice. Highly recommended will definately be returning!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Suffolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was booked into here due to work. The place is stunning the welcome warm and an excellent room..but problems In order... At dinner my main was with mussels which were forgotten about and when mentioned they turned up.Retired to my room late was just trying to chill with a bit of TV wow how complicated, needed a little instruction sheet, managed to get to a blue screen and gave up. Breakfast shown to table and drink order taken, waited and waited finally had to get someone to take my food order. Hmmmm I dont often stay in this level of hotel but I certainly didnt get the service expected, poorer than a budget hotel.. The food was excellent when I got it

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
canvey island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

came here in a group of 18 for christmas do food was very good hotel was immucualte clean, grounds of hotel was very nice, nice view of the stables on one side of hotel,staff very helpful would def like to return to this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was travelling on business and not that happy to have had to travel on a Sunday to be in Newmarket on the Monday morning. However, when I got to such a lovely hotel, I was a lot happier. My room was very nice and I had a long swim in the virtually empty but very large swimming pool. I had a very good meal in the bar, where I didn't feel self-conscious being on my own. Breakfast was very good and all the staff I met were very nice. I would consider going to this hotel for a weekend break.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The staff from arrival, breakfast through to departure were attentive, knowledgeable & very helpful.
The bedroom was beautifully turned out, clean & very comfortable.... Luxurious Molten Brown toiletries in the room & even Tea Pig Tea's - but next time please can I have fruity tea & Gluten Free Biscuit as I did explain my gluten & lactose intolerance?!!
The staff at breakfast were great & knew what was available gluten free & if not knew the chef would know. The food was great & finally a place where you can almost have the same as everyone else!!!
We will definitely be back & hopefully spend some time in the Spa....
Thanks for a great nights sleep!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bedford Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!