“A charming friendly couple and smart rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion House

Pavilion House
You added Pavilion House to your Saves list
Pavilion House
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   133 Station Road | Dullingham, Newmarket CB8 9UT, England   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Newmarket B&B and Inns
Bromham, United Kingdom
“A charming friendly couple and smart rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were staying in close proximity to Moulton in order to attend a family event.
David gave us a warm welcome on arrival and Gretta was equally friendly.
The rooms are spotless and the bed very comfortable. Unfortunately one of our rooms although booked as en-suite was not actually, since the bathroom was across the corridor. In addition the en-suite bath room in our room was rather small although the shower superb.
Breakfasts were exactly as ordered but not up to par. The gardens and surrounds make a wonderful venue.

Room Tip: make sure the room is en-suite if that is what you want.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

An absolute gem of a place. Can't fault anything with our stay and have booked again for next year. David and Greta are wonderful and can't do enough for you. The grounds are immaculate and we were lucky we had a few days of sun. Would highly recommend this b&b to anyone

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The approach to the village of Dullingham is through miles of lovely rolling countryside, and this set the scene for Pavilion House. The gardens are beautiful and the house is attractive and well laid out - as a family of four we had double and twin rooms and the shared use of a bathroom and shower room. However, the next room along was en suite, so this meant we almost had our own little annexe. The rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable, particularly the double bed. The rooms had west-facing windows so we enjoyed a sunset.

Gretta and David were lovely hosts, and couldn't have done more to make us welcome and comfortable, from the attention to detail to ensure most every kind of tea was available, through to David giving me a lift to collect my car from the wedding venue we'd attended in the evening, and going "off piste" from the breakfast menu so that my daughter could have pancakes. The English breakfast was fantastic with the ultimate scrambled eggs provided by the garden's hens.

I wish we could have stayed longer to explore a bit more of the countryside and also the evening dinner menu, so hopefully we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I choose to stay in pavilion house for one week because I had business in the area.
David and Gretta gave me a warm welcome and made sure I felt completely at home.
They were extremely kind and anticipated my every wish. The B&B itself is very classy, extremely clean and inviting. David and Gretta have been more than helpful, nothing was too much for them.
Gretta has a gift for cooking! Lunch was delicious and I have never had a more colorful, delicious Breakfast in my life. And the best thing is you get to choose your breakfast every day anew. With eggs form their own chickens.
The Location of the B&B is very peaceful, the gardens are amazing with nice scenic view, which invites you to stroll around or just sit and relax with a hot tea and Grettas self made cookies.
For me this stay has been absolutely amazing. I can not thank my hosts enough for everything they have done for me.
I can recommend The Pavilion House to everyone without hesitation. The Location, quality and service is amazing and exceeded by for my expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Leicester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I visited Dullingham to attend a Thanksgiving Service in the local church for my oldest and best friend. We could not have chosen a more peaceful and welcoming base than this beautiful B&B. It is a lovely house, beautifully furnished with guests rooms to the highest order with exquisite fabrics, towels and accessories. Gretta and David are terrific hosts; welcoming and friendly, and nothing is too much for them to make your stay just that bit special. They even went beyond the call of duty and laid on a luncheon for ten of us before the service; beautifully laid out in their dining room. It was a memorable stay. I recommend the Pavilion House very highly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
gmb53, Owner at Pavilion House, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for this kind review. I am so glad that we were able to help out with your late stay and light lunch for your friends on an emotional day for you all.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Some friends and I stayed here while at a wedding in Newmarket. The house is lovely, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Gretta couldn't have been more friendly or kind and even gave us a lift to the wedding reception. Extremely good value!

Room Tip: There were 3 of us staying and it was no problem to put an extra bed in a room so we could all stay...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in this wonderful B&B on 21st Sep, We arrived early but that was no issue since we phoned to check it was ok. Gretta and her husband were very helpful and accomadating. Our bedroom was very nicley decorated with comfy beds, a lovely spacious seperate bathroom, fab view and extremely clean. The breakfast menu was excellent with plenty of choice. The food was delicious. We finished off our stay by looking around the stunning garden which was a great end to a fantastic weekend. Will stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pavilion House? Share your experiences!