“FAB!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion House

Pavilion House
You added Pavilion House to your Saves list
Pavilion House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   133 Station Road | Dullingham, Newmarket CB8 9UT, England   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Newmarket B&B and Inns
Bedfordshire
“FAB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our stay was absolutely wonderful, we arrived for a day at the races and stayed overnight - Gretta and David were even kind enough to give us a lift to the Racecourse. Our room was immaculate, and so were the bathroom facilities.

The area is idyllic and Gretta and David are great hosts, we'll definitely be visiting again! (Oh and if you like scrambled egg, Gretta makes THE BEST I've ever tasted)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Rooms, bed, food were excellent, and our hosts supported a relaxing stay. Not only did they recommend and book terrific local restaurants, they gave us maps to find them. The garden is beautiful and full of interest - saw not one but two woodpeckers, as well as swifts, finches and bats. Everything and everyone here is well cared for. Contact with Gretta and David's adorable and well-behaved pets is entirely optional. I arrived jaded and left completely refreshed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dereham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at Pavilion House for one night in order to attend a wedding locally. Before arriving, I found Gretta couldn't have been more helpful and communicative. Pavilion House is located a few hundred yards from Dullingham railway station in a beautiful stretch of countryside and is easy to find. The house is lovely and very welcoming. I found myself immediately drawn to the garden, which is outstanding, with amazing views to the south and nothing but the sound of skylarks and the wind in the trees. Getting back quite late, Gretta kindly gave me a key and left a few lights on. Breakfast the following morning was delicious and fellow guests made it a memorable experience. Sitting at the large breakfast table in David and Gretta's sitting room on a sunny Sunday morning was a real pleasure. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Pavilion House to other people. If you are looking for a quiet, rural retreat with good hosts, a great location for getting about, lovely breakfasts and a beautiful garden, then this is your place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Pavilion House was a great find. Greta and David were the most welcoming of hosts and their home is a credit to them. The hearty home cooked breakfast (with a fine array of homemade jams and breads) was exceptional as was their local knowledge which very much enhanced our stay. We would have no hesitation in recommending this quiet, peaceful escape and hope to visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pickering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Hosts were attentive, relaxed and friendly. The house was immaculate and very well appointed. Guest accommodation was very clean and of a very high quality. The garden was of great credit to Gretta and David and were extensive and colourful. Beyond the garden and stretching out in rolling shades of green were magnificent views of rural cambridge. It was a wonderful place to "ease springs", and watch the prolific birdlife. For me it was the best place to relax and enjoy all that the countryside could offer. Go and stay. You will enjoy it. Me? I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Having stayed in many different B&Bs in Cambridge (regular user due to working away from home) I was extremely impressed by Pavilion House and the welcome and service provided by Greta and David. The rooms are immaculately clean and well furnished and the food is truly excellent. Greta and David took me in at very short notice (about 20 mins) late in the evening and Greta even made me an evening meal. Despite only being a 10 minute drive to Cambridge City, Pavilion house is surrounded by peacefully quite countryside and the gardens to the main house are perfect for enjoying a sunny afternoon. I have stayed in B&Bs within Cambridge costing twice as much money which are, quite frankly, not in the same league as Pavilion House. I would not contemplate booking anywhere else and I am very much looking forward to my next stay with Greta and David.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Our stay here was back in August 2011, I was meant to write a review on return but never got round to it. This is one place that deserves all the praise it receives. I booked a room here for myself, my husband and my son when spending the day at Newmarket races. On arrival we were made to feel more than welcome by Gretta and David, they gave us lots of advice on Newmarket, places to go places to avoid etc and there was lots of interesting conversation. The Pavilion setting is perfect for those who like a bit of peace and quiet ,yet its within easy reach of Newmarket. Our room was exquisite and the beds were oh so comfortable. Breakfast was something else, it definitely has to be the BEST yet and I have had some nice breakfasts! I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pavilion House? Share your experiences!