“Good karting, excellent off road drive, really bad quad biking experience and very poor communication” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Tracks

Wild Tracks
Chippenham Road | Kennett, Newmarket CB8 7QJ, England
01638 751918
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 16 Attractions in Newmarket
Type: Off road/All Terrain Vehicle Trails, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Activity park offering exciting activities for ages 8+. Karting, quad treks, 4x4 rides, archery, shooting, battlefield live and more!
ely cambridgeshire
7 attraction reviews
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked go karting, quad biking and an off road drive for my son and three friends on his Birthday.
We explained at the time of booking that two of the children have learning disabilities so would need longer for instruction and a patient instructor.

The Go Karting went well and they enjoyed it.

Then they went on to the Quad bikes the training consisted of showing them a video and when they were asked to get in the bikes I could see that my son didn't have any idea of what he was meant to be doing so asked the instructor to show him on the bike, which he did very briefly and in a way I struggled to understand myself.

Then they went off for the ride, the instructor went off too far ahead of the children, was not engaging with them and was talking on his radio all the time. When it came to doing the hills etc, the fun part my son struggled to understand how to manage them and instead of investing the time to explain it to him and help him more the instructor informed the rest of the group that we would be able to do more if your friend had more ability. My son returned after the experience feeling really down and sad which I was very disappointed with as it was his Birthday and meant to be a fun trip.

Luckily they finished there day with a fantastic 4x4 ride with a lovely instructor who was very kind.

What has made the experience even more sad is the way my feedback has been dealt with by Wildtracks. I phoned on the day after the trip to say what had happened and spoke to Brenda I was then asked to put it in writing which I did. This was two weeks ago and I have since chased 3 times and still not even had any acknowledgment let alone an apology.

A really mixed experience which now has been made worse by very poor service and response. I would not recommend this to anyone and am still trying to repair the damage done to my sons self esteem and comfidence.

Visited June 2014
448, Manager at Wild Tracks, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Liz,

We have now been in touch about this. I did respond immediately but unfortunately had typed your email address incorrectly, which is entirely my fault and this is why you had apparently not receive a response.

We have also discussed your son's experience with the quad instructor involved and all other instructors and reminded them all of the need to tailor each quad trek to the individual's needs.

We are looking forward to welcoming you son and his friends back to WildTracks for another quad trek.

I am pleased they enjoyed the karting and the 4x4 ride.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Visual Impaired Drive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Visually Impaired Drive Experience with Malcolm of Wildtracks 4x4 Off Road Experience. We understood that Pat would be driving the 4x4 on a track. To begin with Malcolm went through and explained to Pat how to drive on a flat course, explaining the steering, (A.C.B) Accelerator, Brake Clutch and asked her to listen to all instructions he would give her. This took about 15 minutes, Then WHAM on to the off- road track.
I was in the back of the vehicle and even I uttered a few "exclamations" as Pat drove us up huge slopes, down, round, steep banks, angled inclines, across water holes.
She had a wonderfully exciting time, and so did I.
I cannot praise Malcolm highly enough he was brilliant and would recommend this driving experience to other visually impaired people.

Visited June 2014
448, Manager at Wild Tracks, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your friend's 4x4 driving experience at WildTracks. It's great that she and you enjoyed it all so much. Malcolm does a lot of work with visually impaired drivers and they do say they have a great time.

We hope to see you at WildTracks again soon and thanks again for the feedback.
England
“I felt cheated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Went to wildtracks and did the battlefield live and go karting. The go karting was good and well organised - well done, the battlefield live on the other hand was a totally different experience. We were led to a piece of wasteland in a small wooded area and ran around shooting. You have no idea if you have hit other people and the kit is in a poor state. You can hide your sensors easily so you wont get hit (what the other team said they did). The gun I had for the first round didnt even work and had to be replaced. Also when you finish you arent told any results so whats the point in it all? It was complete rubbish and I would not do it again even if I was paid. Hopefully wildtracks see how poor battlefield is and do something else so people arent fleeced of their money.

448, Manager at Wild Tracks, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Further to my previous response I have now had an opportunity to discuss your event with the instructor who led your group. I understand that you raised concerns about your weapon at the event and that the instructor spent some time with you testing it and confirmed it was working. I believe the instructor then changed your first gun, tested that one with you and verified that that gun was working. I am sorry if you do not believe this to be the case but our instructors are confident that the machinery was working correctly.

Teams are told who wins at the end of the event so I am also sorry if you didn't receive this information. I have asked that in future the instructors make sure that every player has received the result.

The wood is being improved and I am sorry you felt it was inadequate.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the karting.
Godmanchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Karting excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Having booked by 'phone then, having to postpone the visit due to wet weather, I had a karting session with my grandson (11 years old). It was a great outing with the staff most welcoming and helpful. After being kitted out with race suit, gloves and full-face helmet (with integral visor) we were shown a comprehensive safety video before being "let loose" on the track.

The karts are modern, well maintained with safety skirts and bodywork - both "Cadet" for youngsters and "Senior" karts for adults. The track is 700m long, approx. Refreshments are available (vending machine or at counter).

Both my grandson and I thoroughly enjoyed the session and I would thoroughly recommend this venue. Other activities including Quads, off-road motorcycle etc - as shown on their website - are available.

Visited April 2014
448, Manager at Wild Tracks, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for posting your review Peter. It was lovely to have you and your grandson with us last week and I hope you'll come back and see us soon and brighten our day again!
Essex, UK
8 attraction reviews
“Good fun in the mud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Took our Land Rover Defender over to play in the mud. Good 4x4 course with lots of water and hills. Very reasonable price for a fun afternoon. We didn't get stuck but help is on hand if you do in the form of a tractor to pull you out. Cafe on site and powerful jet wash to use to get the mud off. A great fun site.

Visited February 2014
448, Manager at Wild Tracks, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Well done not getting stuck! We have some pretty impressive puddles here at the moment. If you had got stuck first tow out is free! Come back and see us soon and thanks for taking time to give us your feedback.