“fabulous,friendly,welcoming.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Norfolk House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newmarket
Norfolk House Bed and Breakfast
You added Norfolk House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
141 High Street | Cheveley, Newmarket CB8 9DG, England   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Newmarket B&B and Inns
“fabulous,friendly,welcoming.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is was our second visit to this lovely Bed & Breakfast. As soon as you arrive you are made to feel so welcome by the proprietors Lynne and Brent. The Blue room has lovely views, and it is so clean and comfortable. The breakfast of home made swiss muesli is a must, I have never tasted anything like it.
We will definately be going back and we would recommend it to everyone. Thanks for a relaxing weekend Lynne and Brent. A & P

Room Tip: The Blue room has views to the rear over fields and an En Suite, but all rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

What can we say, from the moment we arrived at Norfolk House Lynne and Brent made us feel at home. We were greeted by Lynne after our long drive with a cup of tea and a slice of homemade cake (delicious!). Our room was just charming, beautifully presented with a view overlooking the garden and pool through the beautiful Georgian windows - oh and the bed - so comfy! We were presented with a feast for breakfast of fresh fruit, homemade muesli, croissants and great coffee, not forgetting the selection of cold meats and cheeses. We enjoyed a relaxing Sunday morning (in the sunshine!) with a dip in the pool - what more could you ask for. Lynne and Brent helped us with booking taxis', the ironing of one husband’s crinkled shirt and even booked a lunch for us at the local pub the Red Lion on the Sunday. As we left Norfolk House with Lynne and Brent waving good bye at the door we felt sad to be leaving but we will most certainly return, it was home from home. Thank you.

Room Tip: Quiet, beautiful with garden view, very comfy bed, perfect!
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at Norfolk House last saturday after an afternoon at the races and it couldn't have ticked all the boxes any more! Lovely setting, comfortable & pristine accomodation and Lynne and her husband were extremely welcoming, hospitable & helpful with ideas of places we could dirve to the next day to explore the area. Would definitely recommend this to anyone (and in fact we have done already!) and would definitely go back for a weekend break, making sure we included a return trip to the Red Lion just down the road - very nice food!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the French room and the fact that it didn't have a ensuite shower, was not a proble...
Holt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

An absolute gem of a B&B, Very warm welcome with tea and cake and chat, lovely rooms and lovely food will definately use again when visiting the short drive to newmarket races.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My two bridesmaids, their partners & I (bride) stayed here during my wedding celebrations. Lynne & her husband were fantastic hosts and I would highly recommend this B&B. It's Lynne's attention to detail that was 'the icing on the cake' for me. She knew I was having a yellow posey of flowers & had a variety of yellow roses around the rooms & lounge in gorgeous china teacups! She understood I would have a photographer popping in and out on the morning of the wedding taking pictures of me & my party getting ready to proceed to the church ( just across the road) & even the photographer commented on what fabulous rooms we had - large Georgian windows, oodles of sunlight, vintage dressing table and furniture - perfect for wedding photography ...she went the extra mile by providing her own crystal champagne flutes for our use & keeping our bottle of bubbly chilled in her fridge! She provided a very comprehensive breakfast (and lunch to my hungry maids & partners!) on the day and plenty cups of tea during my own 'stressy wedding moments'. There wasn't a dry eye in the house (including Lynne & Brent's!) when I came down their staircase to greet my Mum & Dad and reveal my 1950's style swishy ivory dress...! I just can't compliment them enough for their time, effort, attention to detail and superb hosting. If I could only give more than 5 stars to Norfolk House!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We only stayed one night as we were en route to France, however wished we could have stayed longer. We stayed in the Blue Room which was perfect: spotlessly clean, well appointed, wonderful bed linen, a really comfortable bed and a marvellous view of the beautiful garden. Lynne's an enthusiastic hostess and has plenty of literature about things to do in and around Newmarket - rain or shine Lynne has it covered. Lynne recommended the pub up the road, The Red Lion, which is within easy walking distance and well worth it - one of the best meals we had on our entire holiday. Although there's no cooked breakfast you certainly don't miss out: home made muesli, meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, croissants and freshly baked bread. I hesitate to recommend Norfolk House and Lynne too highly as then there might not be room next time we book!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay here on my own at short notice and Lynne and her husband could not have been more welcoming. The room was immaculate and well appointed, digital tv and lots of goddies in the shower room.
There are only a couple of rooms, in this large and comfortable Georgian style house right in the centre of a nice village with a local shop, a beautiful church and a pub.(Reportedly serving good meals, but I did not try them.) The house has a lovely garden and roses around every door!
I stayed in a room which was not en suite, but the big shower room was just across the corridor and the fluffy dressing gowns provided, meant that this was not a problem.
I particularly appreciated being able to sit in their beautiful garden.
For a woman alone their discrete friendliness was most welcome. So much better than staying in an impersonal hotel, though the room in Norfolk House was as good as many pricey hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Norfolk House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!