“Good food and good ambience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Long Melford
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
East Anglia, UK
“Good food and good ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a very good leisurely lunch, I agree with one of the other reviews that the menu was one where choosing was difficult. All the dishes on offer had a slightly different twist as regards combining ingredients, for example foie gras with haggis!. The food was excellent, service was very good and pleasant. My Wife had the Isle of Skye scallops and said they were superb, equal to those we actually had on Skye. I agree that the prices are not cheap, but you do get value for money.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A fantastic restaurant with excellent food and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a superb dinner at Scutchers. It's a great little gem in Long Melford. There are very few faults and I'd rather not ruin a review with how small and insignifcant they are. We were greeted by the owner and seated at a very nice table that's private enough but still amongst others. The restaurant is very tastefully decorated and furnished. Has a feel of a luxury home from home. We chose a very nice few bottles of wine. The red was perfect temperature and the white perfectly chilled. Something that not all restaurants get right. The menu was very nice and had that annoying but good thing about it where you can't actually choose what you want as there is too much that you'd like and want to have. However I chose the Scallops followed by the steak. Both cooked to perfection with outstanding flavours. I don't often have a dessert as they are quite often bought in or very disappointing. I knew they wouldn't be here. So in these circumstances I only have a dessert if there is something that grabs my fancy, again there were too many nice options so I chose the chocolate torte. Wow it was literally in my opinion the ultimate dessert and absolute perfection. In fact I think it was the best dessert I've ever eaten. The staff that accompanied the owner were extremely good. It's so nice to dine in a restaurant that has excellent staff and service. Something that's become unfortunately quite rare. On a final note their signature smoked salmon is delicious.
I look forward to visiting Scutchers again. Very highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Delicious Seafood.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We recently spent 2 weeks in Suffolk where I was brought up. We were recommended this restaurant and were not disappointed. The service was prompt and friendly and the food was simply delicious. As a starter I had scallops which I can say hand on heart were the best I have ever eaten. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, albeit a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I live in London and have my choice of first class restaurants, but whenever I return to Suffolk this is an old favourite that is worth going back to time and time again.

First class food and a great selection of wines. Service is always good and the decor is lovely.

My only reason for not giving this top marks is the price. A little on the high side for the area, but then again you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

the meal and service was really good, however after eating at another restaurant around the corner it made us realise just how expensive this place was

Visited June 2013