“Perfect stay in Lavenham” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angel Hotel

The Angel Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lavenham
The Angel Hotel
You added The Angel Hotel to your Saves list
Market Place, Lavenham CO10 9QZ, England   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Lavenham B&B and Inns
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Perfect stay in Lavenham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The accommodations, friendliness of staff and patrons are what make this establishment top notch. As expected, the decor and setting is characteristic of the old wool town. Nice fireplace, breakfast and a pint or so to top off a great day. The staff and patrons always seem willing to engage in conversation.
Thank you!

Room Tip: Each room has a unique layout, as to be expected, the building was constructed hundreds of years ago...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been to this Hotel to eat throughout the various management changes; the last time I enjoyed possibly the best Marco steak dish ever. But now it's in new hands and we turned up today for a Sunday roast. The service is really excellent; attentive staff who actually want to have a chat! We (two adults and a child that eats like a horse) ordered the roast - my wife had the beef and my son and I had the lamb. It was served quite quickly and hot presented with a huge Yorkshire pudding on top (this was absolutely delicious). Below that were layers and layers of lamb, roast potatoes, creamed parsnip and carrot with a delicious gravy. The lamb was cooked just right for me, my son muttered that it was a little too red but once reassured set about to eat the lot. He didn't quite manage it as the portions are generous.
The food combination was simply excellent and I ate it far too quickly and greedily. I must admit I would have given up half the meat for the stunning vegetables and Yorkshire (why is it that some restaurants can't cook vegetables properly?)
For dessert we all selected the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream - this was very good and we were all rather too full at the end.
The meal and drinks were excellent value for money.
Here's the bit where I'm going to be ultra-picky; my wife said the beef was a little tough, the roast potatoes could have been cooked for a little longer and most of the tables are in a dark room. Apart from this very very little niggles I will certainly visit again and recommending it to others as the new owners are making this a very special place to eat.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Billericay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were gifted with a night at the Angel as a Christmas present and were looking forward to a nice little break. First impressions weren't great. Were were checked in at the bar and then had to carry our bags through the bar and round to the stairs up to the rooms. On entry we were a bit disappointed. Clearly someone was trying to make an effort with the chabby chic feel, but the finish was of a low standard, especially with regards to the bathroom.

We had an evening meal included in the stay which was nice although the menu was quite limited. Good selection of wines and beers through.

Breakfast was very nice and the service seemed a little more attentive.

All in all I'd say it was average and I'm quite glad I didn't have to part with much. That said, it had some promise and we might have just caught them in a period of change judging by more recent reviews.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
cozypubs1, Owner at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.
We have recently taken over and totally refurbished the pub and rooms.
Please try us again and I am positive you will be happy.

Cozy Pubs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Know the owners, so interest declared. What a fantastic makeover by Leanne and the Cozy Pub people. This is now the place to be this Xmas and after visiting the Fair in the Square, get in there and have a winter warmer. Superb.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
cozypubs1, Owner at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Cozy Pubs
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a dismal few years as an urban oddity parked in rural Suffolk it looks as though The Angel could recover. Good substantial sandwich, soup and beer lunch yesterday with helpful staff. It has lost a lot of character in both the interior and clientele in recent years, but with friendly service, Adnams and Aspalls plus real food all should be well.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
cozypubs1, Owner at The Angel Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so very much for your very kind words.
Hopefully we have achieved our goal of retuning the pub to the locals and visitors a like.
Lavenham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a long wait, at last the Angel in Lavenham has been given a new breath of life, with new decor, new menus and a welcoming team. Whilst I've not yet tried the food, the beer and wine is excellent, and the dishes I've seen taken to the tables are very tempting.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Angel Hotel? Share your experiences!