My husband & I booked & stayed overnight for my birthday on 16th August. Room 3. What an utter disaster! It all began when we tried taking a shower on the evening of arrival.
1) SHOWER & WASHBASIN - No hot water. Not even luke warm. Upon reporting this to a female staff member we were informed, in a very unbothered sort of way, that she'd heard this happening before (in the morning we were told by another member of staff that this female was the Manager!). Also that everyone else may have used the hot water.
2) SHOWER - In morning. Only very, VERY low pressure of water - barely a trickle. Hair wash? - No such luck - I'd never get the shampoo out.
3) TOILET - When flushing the loo during the night, the cistern seemed to take 'forever' to fill up. Just as we thought it had filled and stopped making a noise, it started 'dripping' again. Then, just as we thought it had stopped 'dripping', it started 'dripping' again!
4) TISSUE BOX in bathroom - Lovely idea, thank you. Ooops - only two tissues in box. Now I've heard of cutting costs but .....
5) BREAKFAST next morning - Only ONE person on duty from 8.15 (first down to breakfast) until - 9.30 (when we left the Hotel.) Unable to comment after that. Fully booked Hotel. Why was there only one member of staff on duty, aside from kitchen staff cooking the breakfast??
6) PAYING OUR BILL - We waited half an hour for this same one member of staff to actually present out bill. He kept saying 'I'll be with you in a minute'. Half an hour later, he actualy was! NOT HIS FAULT, Marco. Bad staff management.
7) COMMENTS FORM - Upon asking this same one member of staff for a Comments Form, he informed us that there should have been one in the Information Booklet in our Room. What Booklet, I asked? No Booklet in our room. And it appears there are no Comments Forms, hence me hastily writing these comments on the back of our Invoice, which I left at the Hotel.
FOR THE ATTENTION OF: MARCO PIERRE WHITE - Owner
1) Your food was faultless
2) You need your finger on the button at this Hotel
3) Know it's only been open a matter of months, but that's no excuse for not employing, a plumber to sort out simple problems. Also better staff management.
4) I've requested that an explanation be sent to me regarding all matters listed.
5) I've also requested that a further letter be sent to me when all these matters have been put right.
Would we recommend this Hotel?
Eat there, yes.
Stay, no - not in it's present state.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.