“Weekend stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel

You added Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel to your Saves list
Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fornham St | Genevieve, Bury St. Edmunds IP28 6JQ, England   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Bury St. Edmunds
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Weekend stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend,staff friendly ,rooms not bad ,towels getting quite worn,evidence of old water leaks in the bathroom,the bedroom windows are very draughty,so must be very cold in winter,in need of urgent maintenance in the painting department ,breakfast was ok,it was good to see the waiters keeping the hot food area clean,changing the plates were spoons are rested after taking food

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
AmandaMortimer-GM, General Manager at Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Sdmmmtc

Thank you for your review and your very constructive feedback. I have noted your comments which I will share with my team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Amanda Mortimer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for my wife and mums birthdays.
In total 9 of us stayed and we all had a great time.
Treatments were excellent. Kids loved the pool and the golf course is a real challenge.
Dinner was great and we also had a visit from the chef.
All in all I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear PeterJBrighton

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Suffolk Golf & Spa. I am delighted you and your family had an enjoyable time with us. I will pass on your comments to my team.

Thank you once again.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Lovely friendly staff and really helpful with any query. Beautiful views from the terrace and a great pool for kids and adults alike. Golf was thoroughly enjoyed, as was spa treatments. Good weekend had by all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sarah B

I am delighted to have read your review, thank you so much for your comments which I will ensure I share with my team. I am genuinely pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My son and daughter in law have just recently had their wedding reception here and I can say it was what dreams are made of. The rooms were very spacious, especially the bridal suite and beds are comfortable, we slept like logs. The staff were excellent and catered for everyone's needs. The food was exquisite really tasty, every course was delicious. I have a cheese allergy and the chef kept all my food separate from the other dishes, even serving me up with a separate buffet in the evening. I was really impressed with the service we all received. My husband and I have travelled all over the world (even been on cruise ships) and we found the service here second to none. Thank you to all your staff for making this special occasion extra special, Amanda you and your team are superb. Thank you again, we will definately stay here again, and recommend the wedding packages. Well done

Room Tip: Every room we saw was great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AmandaMortimer-GM, General Manager at Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Rose-Anne P

Thank you so much for your review which my team and I have read with delight. We are proud to have ensured your son and daughter-in-law's day lived up to all of your expectations.

I hope you have time to bring in the wedding album in the near future.

Best wishes

Newmarket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding reception at this hotel and received amazing service from all the staff. They were always on hand for anything we required and had a great attitude. They were courteous, friendly and efficient.
Although there are negative comments on here about the decor, the hotel has great surroundings and we found that the rooms were all clean and tidy. We decorated the main room to suit our wedding theme and everyone had a very enjoyable time.
I would recommend this place for any occasion.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Angela S

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent wedding here at The Suffolk Golf & Spa. My team and I are genuinely pleased you enjoyed your day and thank you for your positive comments.

I wish you both a happy married life together.

Loughton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Ken B .....Yes it is a bit "tired" as some people put it but it's not that bad. You can go to any hotel/ apartment in the world as I have and if you look hard enough you'll always find something that's not quite right, but that's life, learn to live & let live and get on with your holiday. The breakfast was absolutely fantastic and all 8 of us agreed on that. Best scrambled egg I've had for ages. The room I had was clean & tidy until I moved in of course with a reasonable en suite toilet & bathroom more than adequate for my needs. I wish some people would not be so harsh with their criticisms 'cos it's not that bad. The staff were very friendly and kindly posted some clothing back to me free of charge that I'd left behind. Give it a try but don't be too critical.

Room Tip: No advice to offer. Take potluck
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ken B

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am grateful for your positive comments and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

St Helens, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel has a real identity issue. It has all the facilities of a perfect resort and spa, yet appears to be stuck in the 80's.

The staff are lovely, really helpful and friendly. The facilities are definitely there, abeit 20 years out of date.

The room was awful. Think nursing home with student halls of residence and you are there. Old and tired room, noisy, stained carpets and once you open a window, your room is full of flies from outside. Take ear plugs too as the crows will wake you !! (not the hotels fault on this occasion mind)

The food was OK, reasonable price. WiFi was terrible.

What ashame, as wham you hear you are staying at a spa hotel, you have high expectations - Just don't have them here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mikeyd1976

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Suffolk Golf & Spa. I am delighted you found my team to be friendly and welcoming as we do all strive to ensure our guests are well looked after.

I am grateful for your constructive comments.

Amanda Mortimer

Been to Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!