Well from the outside its not much to look at really and inside its a bit old and tired and could do with a slight facelift. However saying that i cant really fault much else, the room was clean, pretty basic stuff but wasfine for me and my girlfriend. The golf course looked nice and i might come back and stay again at some point to get a few rounds in. Enjoyed the swimming pool, had a nice jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, luckily for us was not busy at all so could enjoy a relaxing few hours in there. Only dodgy bit was from changing rooms to swimming you have to come through a horrible little corridor thing, not nice at all. As for the food im not sure as we didnt eat in restaurant, we had a drink in there and skimmed the menu. Think 2 courses for 20 poundsor 3 courses for 25?? not unreasonable i would say but like i said we chose to eat out so not to sure on quality.
In summary not perfect but we enjoyed our stay, probably wont visit again with my girlfriend but i might be back to try out the golf course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel is located on the outskirts of the historic cathedral town of Bury St Edmunds. From the moment you arrive at the hotel, you can expect to receive nothing less than the warmest of welcomes. The hotel has first-rate facilities including an 18-hole Championship golf course (which is one of the prettiest courses in East Anglia), a leisure club with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spa. With our friendly and professional staff on hand throughout your stay, you will always be sure of a memorable leisure break at the Suffolk Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suffolk Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Suffolk Golf & Spa Hotel Bury St. Edmunds