“Third Time And It Just Gets Better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens

and 1 more site!
You added Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens to your Saves list
Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   The Ambers | Drinkstone Park, Bury St. Edmunds IP30 9ST, England   |
Burnham on Sea
“Third Time And It Just Gets Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is the third time I have stayed with Michael & Christine and this stay was just as enjoyable as the first two, I arrived on Sunday evening having had a 5 hour drive, by the time I had got out of the car Michael was out of the door to greet me and show me to my room, Christine was there with a tray of Tea, scones, fresh cream and Jam, just what I needed after my long drive.

Each morning I was greeted at the kitchen table with what has to be the best freshly cooked breakfast I have had anywhere I have stayed. When I returned each evening the log fire was already alight in the lounge and it wasn't long before Christine arrived with the Tea & Scones, Micheal would make a point of coming to the lounge each evening for a chat and to ask how my day had been.
The only thing I was disapointed with was that as I left early in the morning and it was dark by the time I returned I was not able to enjoy the wonderful gardens and fish pond on this visit, that in its self is a reason for a fourth visit, in the summer maybe.
The house and rooms are spotless, warm and inviting and the hosts are the best.

Once again Michael & Christine, I would like to say a BIG thankyou for making my stay such a joy.

Maybe see you again sometime.

Jon

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
We would love to see you again Jon, as you say the reason can be for the gardens in the summer.
I have to say you are a model guest, you always have a smile and blend in naturally making yourself at home and at the same time being no trouble whatsover. guests like you make it all worthwhile.
Many thanks for taking the trouble to review us so positively and we really do hope to see you in the summer.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

One of the best places we have stayed in both for comfort and service. Stayed there for my 50th birthday treat and had the most relaxing weekend ever. Michael and Christine were the best hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast and afternoon tea were excellent. Could not fault anything and would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review us Tom, it was a pleasure to have you here for your birthday celebrations I just hope you will come again for your next birthday.
Copthorne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I were so fortunate to be guests at The Ambers and be in the company of Christine and Michael.
The house and gardens are definitely NOT what you envisage a bed and breakfast accommodation to be and as my review header states, it is definitely a `home from home' environment with the log burner in the lounge being lit every day, the wonderful breakfast's courtesy of Christine and the company of Michael with his vast knowledge of the local area. The chocolates on the bed pillows being the final touch.
Our stay at The Ambers has given us all the more reason to visit our relatives in Suffolk.

Room Tip: It is hard to think how the `Red Room' could be bettered.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
In all honesty Terry it is us who are fortunate! We have the good fortune to have guests like you and your good lady who are just a pleasure to be with.
Home from home is exactly what we aim to provide, to be honest its not difficult we just treat our guests as we would our friends, making them feel welcome and relaxed. We are delighted to see that you have felt comfortable here and that is all we ask.
We would be delighted to see you see at Drinkstone again, maybe when the garden is in full flow and the sun is shining. We are as you know taking part in the National Garden Scheme this year so will have to attempt to keep the gardens tip top!
Please be aware that there is a favourable rate available for guests staying for three nights or more and booking direct with us.
Better the 'Red Room' maybe not although all have there plus points, I think you would enjoy the Peach Room, has its own patio with french doors fromthe room and a full size bathroom.
Many thanks for your excellent review and we look forward to your next visit.
Michael and Christine
Bewdley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stunning location. Comfortable rooms, and why can't hotels keep their rooms this clean.
Nice friendly owners - smashing freshly cooked breakfast, again, definitely better than a hotel.
Promising myself a repeat visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
How lovely to see your review thank you so much for taking the time and the trouble to do this.

So pleased that you found everything to your liking.

From our point of view it was a pleasure to meet you and have you here, we do look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Hopefully the gardens will then have dried out and be flourishing with some sunshine thrown in. I am sure that Tegan, the puppy, will look forward to seeing you again as she does so love people who say nice things about her!

Thank you once again for your review.

Michael and Christine
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Christine and Michael as always the perfect hosts, we feel so at home when we stay at Drinkstone, they are more like friends than just visiting a B&B. You won't be disappointed. Looking forward to staying again in the summer when we can enjoy their beautiful gardens.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hello WeHaveEars - I am pleased to hear that you feel like friends visiting as that is exactly how we feel when we know you are going to be here again, you are such nice and considerate guests to have.

At the moment we are not able to do much with the garden due to the terrible weather although I am sure we will catch up and put right the damage caused by the ferocious wind we had last night, you can see what happened to the tractor shed on our facebook page (drinkstonepark) if you care to.

look forward to seeing you in the summer with gardens in full bloom and perhaps tea in the Hobbit House by the wildflower garden for you?

Take care and thank you for your kind review.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hosts very genuine and accomodating. The room I stayed in was large, very comfortable with flat screen television and lots of nice little extras. Was on business, but intend to go back for a short break later this year. Hopefully the weather will then be nice enough to view what seems like a spectacular garden.
The property is in a rural location but only five minutes from the A14. Good advice given on local pubs and restaurants. Easy access and parking.
The breakfast was very good quality, nicely presented and prepared.
Probably the nicest B&B I've stayed in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
First may I thank you for your kind review it is much appreciated.

We are pleased of course that yoyu enjoyed your stay and absolutely delighted that you intend to come back and stay on a short break, please remember to phone or email us direct so that we can apply the appropriate 'returning guest' discount to your stay.

Apart from that we appreciate your drawing attention to the rural location with easy access, we feel we are privileged to live here and when the gardens are appreciated and enjoyed by our guests then for us this is the icing on the cake.

We do look forward to seeing you again later in the year.

Best wishes

Michael and Christine.
Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We felt so at home as soon as we stepped in the door. Michael and Christine were excellent hosts, making us feel like welcomed, special guests but also gave us space and privacy. They were always on hand whenever we needed help such as directions, dinner suggestions or booking tables. We were offered tea on arrival and as Christine was just taking scones out the oven, it turned into a wonderful cream tea. It was served in our own, cosy lounge, which had a roaring log fire, games, books, dvds. I had an upstairs room (which did get a little chilly in the evening - the weather was miserable) which was very comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities complete with Portmeirion china. I felt like no expense had been spared - everything was good quality and worked well. The en suite had a big bath, fantastic water pressure for the shower, and a range of toiletries. Breakfast was delicious - bacon crispily cooked just as I asked - and plentiful. Michael's homemade honey was the best I've tasted. Even though it was raining, I loved the fact that there were big windows and patio doors all around to look out at the lovely gardens and countryside. Wish I could have stayed longer, even in the rain - the thought of snuggling up on the sofa with a good book in front of the fire and one of Christine's fresh scones would keep me happy for days.

Room Tip: THe downstairs room had a large bed and patio access. My room upstairs was also lovely.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Michael L, Owner at Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
At home is the way we like you to feel and it would seem you did, so success for us and for you. Yes you did have a particularly wet and cold stay although as you say being snuggled up inside and looking out is very pleasant on occasion. Thank you for taking the time to review us it is very much appreciated. We hope to see you here at Drinkstone again.

Been to Drinkstone Park Bed and Breakfast & Gardens? Share your experiences!