We stayed for one night in December where we had a friends birthday party in the dining room and then in the vaults down below. The food is excellent, the service 1st class and the staff amazing. The decor and style of the hotel is modern without losing the taste of history that the building quite clearly has. We will certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian ivy clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in Suffolk surprises with a twist of urban chic.Our Suffolk hotel is right in the centre of Bury St Edmunds town centre and everything is just a step from here. Explore winding, cobbled, shop filled streets and a plethora of ancient architecture on the doorstep.Once inside, the Angel Hotel is a curious contrast of comfy contemporary design with touches of exotic grandeur. Warm leather sofas vie for your company in the lounge, which is filled with curiosities, pop art, eccentric oddities and cool vintage furniture. It is a hotel of many different aspects all artfully blended together into an exciting package and the bedrooms are no exception. The restaurant has a great reputation and dining here is a culinary treat.In 2012, the hotel opened our new Wingspan bar. Decadently curious and located in the 12th Century vault under the hotel, Wingspan is the perfect location to meet with friends, for pre-dinner drinks, or simply to relax after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Angel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Angel Bury St Edmunds
- The Angel Hotel Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk