Not far from the beach, alongside the Meare surrounded by the golf course, a very pretty landscaped garden, this is a lovely place to stay. Fab walks from the hotel door and dog friendly.
My ultimate test of comfy beds, and cleanliness was more than satisfied.
Personally I wouldn't have my dinner here. The breakfast was substantial with lots of choice.
Criticisms - porridge too salty to eat and cardboard bread.
The hotel itself could probably be smartened up a little on the facade and inside. But I would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to one of the East of England's finest golf courses the Thorpeness Golf Resort features a 36 bedroom hotel that sits in between the golf course and the Meare, a man made lake and one of the most iconic views in the area with the house in the clouds a pitching wedge away. The clubhouse is steeped in history with all the competition winners listed over the many years the club has been in existence. However, the hotel isn't just for golfers with the Suffolk Heritage coast boasting many fantastic places to visit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Thorpeness Hotel and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorpeness Hotel Aldeburgh
- The Thorpeness Hotel And Golf Club Aldeburgh, Suffolk